Home

Axis Football 2015 Announced, July 15 Release Date on Steam

This is a discussion on Axis Football 2015 Announced, July 15 Release Date on Steam within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2015, 09:01 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 8
Cut it out. That looks down right terrible. Nothing positive about it. That isn't competition. There are ios games that look better than that.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:22 PM   #18
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Axis Football 2015 Announced, July 15 Release Date on Steam

Games I played 10+ years ago looked way worse than anything these days yet gave more enjoyment.

So glad I lived during those years.

The more FB games the better, especially on PC

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-09-2015, 09:47 PM   #19
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by burter
I soooo love the passing how you can put where you want to throw the ball! Hopefully though if you have a bad qb and try to throw it there it might be off or short or long and not always perfect. But no clue how the game is going to treat really great guys and avg. guys. I might have to pick it up and see though.

Of course that might be the only good thing about it. The line play looks suctioned big time and running with the ball is sooo not right lol. Graphics aren't good but eh I can deal with bad graphics.

Oh and I can't tell but it seems to be more true running and not the ice skating we get with madden. But hard to really tell.

Yeah Madden back in the day had that type of passing. Then Fever had it. Although it needed tweaking (Fever) it was another way of passing and options are always good.
Either way it would be great to have multiple sports games on PC/console to try each year like in the past.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-10-2015, 12:33 AM   #20
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Unfortunately what doesn't look good immediately jumps out.

All defenders (including offensive players) completely stops in their tracks after a tackle happens.

The OL/DL comes to a complete halt when they engage.

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 06-10-2015, 01:33 AM   #21
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
I'm in........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2015, 07:23 AM   #22
All Star

OVR: 35
It doesn't look like it is customizable, but would be nice if it was (though rosters are based on real NFL teams from what I can tell - just have fake names).
Old 06-10-2015, 08:28 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 0

This is an indie game made by a single man, and for that reason alone I'm impressed as I've always been with Danny's work.

Axis Football is the most successful, longest-running online football game series. This game here is the culmination of many years of work since the 2D Axis Football. It's come a long way. When he had his kickstarter some years back I was sure it would make it, but as usual, nobody supported it.

Sure, this game is crude and has its issues (Even AAA football games have them), but you have to be able to see the potential of what could be if a person like this had more fan/financial backing. If people would get behind talent's like these for once, we wouldn't have to sit around thirsty for one football game because we'd have tons of options now.

I support this game 100%.

Danny, let me know where to send a check.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:05 AM   #24
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacksimfootball
This is an indie game made by a single man, and for that reason alone I'm impressed as I've always been with Danny's work.

Axis Football is the most successful, longest-running online football game series. This game here is the culmination of many years of work since the 2D Axis Football. It's come a long way. When he had his kickstarter some years back I was sure it would make it, but as usual, nobody supported it.

Sure, this game is crude and has its issues (Even AAA football games have them), but you have to be able to see the potential of what could be if a person like this had more fan/financial backing. If people would get behind talents like these for once, we wouldn't have to sit around thirsty for one football game because we'd have tons of options now.

I support this game 100%.

Danny, let me know where to send a check.
I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again in the future - Kickstarter is not a charity.

I get rooting for the underdogs, and I wish things worked out for them more often. I was once in a similar position. When I was working as a developer with SRRN Games, an independent game studio in Richmond VA, we were having a rough fiscal year in 2012 and were hoping for a turnaround hinging on a game design we were trying to kickstart. However, the KS campaign failed. It wasn't the video game community's fault that it failed, it was ours. We didn't have enough of the game ready to show the world for the KS campaign as to inspire confidence in our product, even having successfully launched games - and reasonably well-reviewed games at that - published by known names in the industry such as Konami and 7-Sixty (a subdivision of SouthPeak Games) and/or independently. We also didn't get the word out strongly enough to draw the attention needed to succeed. It was our first time trying a KS campaign, and we learned a lot from that failure.

That I'd never heard of Axis Games before yesterday is exemplary of the problem; I never knew Axis Football was a series until yesterday, I certainly didn't know of any Axis Football crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter. Is that really the community's fault? Or is it the studio's fault for not doing everything it can to effectively get attention for its brand?

Looking at the 2013 Axis Football Kickstarter itself (I found it with a Google search), the 2D game prominently shown has crude visuals and gameplay as well. Whether we like it or not, graphics absolutely matter, and the 2D game was on the low end of the graphics quality scale and wasn't attempting any particular retro aesthetic either; it just looked bad. Games can be 2D and look good, just look at Dave Murray's successfully-Kickstarted Gridiron Heroes, for example. Further, Axis didn't provide nearly enough footage of the 3D game in the KS information to inspire confidence in the new product; it's basically all stills of 3D geometry in the Unity editor. The KS campaign we attempted with SRRN had far more than that - concept art, in-dev screenshots and videos, a free retro-styled game alongside the KS campaign to promote the KS effort - and even all that wasn't enough because we didn't have a full game to show and my boss's name wasn't Tim Schaefer to make up for that fact.

I'm all for backing indie game developers - I am one. However, there also has to be some personal accountability when things don't work out. It's absolutely not the community's fault that there aren't other compelling options in the football gaming space.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »