Home

Ask NHL 16 Q&A Updated Once More - More Talk About HUT, EASHL and More

This is a discussion on Ask NHL 16 Q&A Updated Once More - More Talk About HUT, EASHL and More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2015, 10:43 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Ask NHL 16 Q&A Updated Once More - More Talk About HUT, EASHL and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir psycho
So, the team surpassed the mark by having teams sit on the right benches, and using proper tunnels? This series is so disappointing right now. There shouldn't even be questions about this stuff being right, it should just be a standard no-brainer part of the game....but they consider it to be surpassing the mark.
I bet they still got stuff wrong too ! Lol....
Old 06-10-2015, 11:30 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDgolf
Why can't the program goalies to get injured during a game? That baffles me...
Don't quote me on this, but I'm almost certain this is an NHLPA issue*.
They are very protective of the netminders and they don't want to see them get purposely run-over by gamers in an attempt to initiate an injury.

That's why injuries only occur during simulated games.

*I can't remember where I had read that, but I was sure it was on these boards. I believe an EA rep confirmed, or eluded to this fact.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:37 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 4

I think its more what happens if two goalies get hurt? Who plays nets?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2015, 01:09 PM   #20
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Has any work been done to avoid pucks and sticks going through legs, net, board?

We are always adding improvements within physics for collision detection. We have also improved the detection of stick on stick & stick on body collisions to tune when pucks get dislodged/collide per game style. We have also added the ability to tune how stick on stick contact effects puck control from different angles to simulate the strength the defender would have vs. the offensive player. These are the types of improvements you can expect to see in NHL 16.
This is probably the answer that gets me the most intrigued about NHL 16 so far. I will definitely have to try it myself before I get excited though. If it really works well, then it would be a huge improvement on gameplay.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:27 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
After reading through all these Q & A's I'm starting to believe I was right not long after the disaster that was NHL 15 was released and I'm not breaking any new ground with this either. NHL 16 will be NHL 14 next gen. That's the simplest way I can put it. They brought back modes that were removed and put a different shade of lipstick on it. Actually it's not even a full NHL 14 next gen because its missing a basic feature that was in NHL 14 and around since the SEGA genesis. Player Edit. People will buy it up because they are hockey starved after last years unplayable mess but it's way behind when compared to Madden, The Show, and FIFA. I don't want to hear about budgets either, player edit should be in regardless. Player seperation is not a fiscal issue.....I love how they answer questions twice about things like HUT and warm ups but have yet to clarify or answer questions submitted from true hockey fans who want a more sim experience. At least my expectations are tempered now and I have to decide on a second year in a row with no hockey game or have NHL 14 next gen (aka NHL 16)

You're 100% right, people will buy it because they're starved for a new hockey game. For me, this is the only game I buy. I may get Madden or PGA every couple years, but NHL is purchased every year, day 1.

It's gotta be tough, making these games every year, trying to be innovative and fresh. The things they do, the features they put into the game, it's all calculated. Features being taken out, then added again in a few years. There's no "we ran out of time". It'd be interesting to know what the process is, how they decide what's in and what's out. Can they get it ALL in? I'd say so. But then what's left for next year? The perfect game simply can't exist, nobody would buy NHL 17 if 16 was perfect. It's a harsh reality, but this song and dance will continue for as long as this (or any other) company makes an annual NHL game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2015, 02:14 PM   #22
Rookie

jmoney2436's Arena

OVR: 0
Look at the goalies glove in the picture. Its up above his hip like it should be. In past games it would be at hip level or possibly below making high glove that much easier. That one small change is hopefully a gameplay fix and not just for aesthetics.

IMO the reason they are keeping goalie info hush-hush is because:
- They are working on revamping goalie mechanics as much as they can.
- They may not be able to finish in time so we can be stuck with a slightly improved version of 15(ex. the glove). If they can't finish it, expect it to be complete by 17.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:32 PM   #23
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir psycho
So, the team surpassed the mark by having teams sit on the right benches, and using proper tunnels? This series is so disappointing right now. There shouldn't even be questions about this stuff being right, it should just be a standard no-brainer part of the game....but they consider it to be surpassing the mark.
I think the way EA answer these questions are pure marketing aspect. You try to brush aside your weak points by elevating the strong points of your product. So they have to include this question so they could promote their "strength".

I just hope EA will give us the reason why player edit cannot be done, instead of just down playing it. Honesty is what we need from them, to earn back the respect and trust.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:20 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney2436
Look at the goalies glove in the picture. Its up above his hip like it should be. In past games it would be at hip level or possibly below making high glove that much easier. That one small change is hopefully a gameplay fix and not just for aesthetics.
That has been one of my biggest annoyances with goalies in this game over the past 5+ years. Even if that's one of the only improvements to them, at least I can count that as a tiny win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »