Home

What Are the Most Important Attributes in Sports Games?

This is a discussion on What Are the Most Important Attributes in Sports Games? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2015, 10:02 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
What Are the Most Important Attributes in Sports Games?

Attributes are what drive our sports games. Without them, franchises would feel hollow, head-to-head games would be less strategic and editing players would become a confusing mess. Each game has a single attribute that stands above the rest, so let's go game-by-game to determine which one is king.

Read More - What Are the Most Important Attributes in Sports Games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2015, 11:19 AM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: What Are the Most Important Attributes in Sports Games?

I personally feel like Awareness is more important than Madden than Speed anymore, but that's just me.

I also tried to start a wide receiver with great physical ratings but AWR 20 in a preseason game once and he was hopelessly stupid on the field - he couldn't even recognize the ball was being thrown to him to get his hands up to catch it - so there's a touch of anecdotal experience with my opinion, haha.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:09 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I personally feel like Awareness is more important than Madden than Speed anymore, but that's just me.

I also tried to start a wide receiver with great physical ratings but AWR 20 in a preseason game once and he was hopelessly stupid on the field - he couldn't even recognize the ball was being thrown to him to get his hands up to catch it - so there's a touch of anecdotal experience with my opinion, haha.
Who would you rather have in Madden, the receiver with 99 awareness and 20 speed, or 20 awareness and 99 speed?
Old 06-10-2015, 12:40 PM   #4
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Awareness is an extremely close second, CM. When I started writing the piece, I broke out Madden and lowered some players to a reasonable awareness (50) and they played relatively similar to guys with max awareness. But when I lowered speed to 50 on a player, the difference between that player and someone with 99 speed was pretty much game-breaking.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:25 PM   #5
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Not sure what happened to NHL, but I'd probably say (in light of recent videos) that shooting accuracy is the most important. All the other attributes are affected by user control (e.g., body checking is affected by user speed and aggression at the point of contact) except speed, but as a recent video showed, speed isn't all it's touted to be. I think that Speed and Acceleration especially will be the most important attributes next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2015, 05:50 PM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyod21
Who would you rather have in Madden, the receiver with 99 awareness and 20 speed, or 20 awareness and 99 speed?
Absent other information, I would have a lot of trouble justifying even signing an offensive lineman with 20 SPD, much less a wide receiver, whereas I took a flier on the high-athleticism guy who was dumber than a box of rocks.

Based on my experience with the 20 AWR receiver in the past, however, I probably wouldn't be signing him either, lol.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:12 AM   #7
Rookie

Sir Psycho T's Arena

OVR: 1
For The Show it's speed.

I destroy people with a team with almost no true power hitters and an outfield of Young Jr. Hamilton and Dyson, all 99 speed. You get on base and you can steal 2nd and 3rd about 80% of the time. Then you have a few high contact hitters to round out the lineup.

Helps with defense too, I play them deep and give up almost no extra base hits because they get to everything.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:53 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyod21

99 awareness, 20 speed. He will be my possession receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »