Home

MLB 15 The Show Is the Series' Magnum Opus

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Is the Series' Magnum Opus within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2015, 02:26 PM   #9
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: MLB 15 The Show Is the Series' Magnum Opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengedAgainst
So your not getting line drives hit right at your shortstop and him ducking like a coward?

You start a paragraph with "The core gameplay is perfect." I completely disagree. While it is great from a hitters and pitchers perspective, the fielding and throwing is atrocious.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game but if somebody bought a PS4 and The Show just by reading this they would be highly disappointed.
Or they could be absolutely delighted. You cant deal in absolutes here. Just because you have issues, doesn't mean everyone else will or does.

As much as people say they keep seeing the Vets and Show supporters bashing everybody who doesn't like something in this game should really take a step back. i am certainly not speaking for everybody but a lot of us have tried to help anybody with issues with this game find solutions that help with the situation. I think we can find just as many cases of us being shot down and told we are fanboys and obviously this game is wrong and so are you.

So if you want to say someone who buys The Show and a PS4 from reading posts on OS is going to be disappointed, I will gladly stand on the opposite side of that argument.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:37 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7
No doubt, the PS4 version is the very best baseball game I have played in 30 years. Big step up over last year. Love the Diamond Dynasty mode too.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:45 PM   #11
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDwinder
No doubt, the PS4 version is the very best baseball game I have played in 30 years. Big step up over last year. Love the Diamond Dynasty mode too.
Right on man. I have been saying this about each iteration since 2009. That is the sign of a great product.

It get's better and better and better.

Did they remove some things I want back? Yep. But that happens in sports games. But as long as the core game play keeps improving I am cool with some subtle changes to certain things and I typically learn and adapt to other ways to getting the info I want in-game. Some presentation elements missing now? Yeah...but I got past it already. I have played far too many games to even think about it anymore. The game is too much fun.

But no question for me this was a big leap from MLB 14 on the PS3....huge leap for me on the field and online. I also played 14 on the PS4....same thing a big leap for me this year. It feels and looks next gen now.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 06-11-2015 at 02:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 03:00 PM   #12
Banned

Is it a great game? Yes.
Are there shortcomings? Yes.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:09 PM   #13
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
Been my favorite Show so far and I, like many of you, pick it up every year. I've had such a good time with it I can't bring myself to play the witches or elder scrolls yet and I love those series. Thanks for a great game SCEA
Old 06-11-2015, 03:11 PM   #14
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
So your not getting line drives hit right at your shortstop and him ducking like a coward?

You start a paragraph with "The core gameplay is perfect." I completely disagree. While it is great from a hitters and pitchers perspective, the fielding and throwing is atrocious.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game but if somebody bought a PS4 and The Show just by reading this they would be highly disappointed.
That happens much more with 1st Baseman, even guys like Adrien Gonzales.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:19 PM   #15
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
I'm in agreement. Having a blast with this game (changed things up a bit and am using all Analog controls and manual fielding). This and NBA 2K15 have made my PS4 purchase in January well worth the investment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 03:27 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:

I agree, the fielding in this game can be awful most of the time. You get stuck in animations and their reaction time can be unbelievably bad. I still love this game, but you're right. I got a few people to buy this game and they have already turned it in, due to the defensive flaws in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »