Home

UEFA Champions League Exclusive to PES For Another 3 Years

This is a discussion on UEFA Champions League Exclusive to PES For Another 3 Years within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2015, 02:36 PM   #9

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: UEFA Champions League Exclusive to PES For Another 3 Years

This is more about keeping it away from FIFA than anything else. They've been leaning on this license for so long that it's not even a big deal. They'd be better off adding a high profile league, or licensing additional national teams and stadiums.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:52 PM   #10
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

This really doesn't mean much to me and really nothing to get excited about when they lack the atmosphere, stadiums, and even teams to be even taken seriously. I would expect by now having this license great things would come by its been years now and it just seems like a throw in at this point and as one said to just keep it away from FIFA. But I don't feel bad for FIFA, they had there chance with the licence but kept it out of the core game and released separate UEFA Champions league game on the side as a cash cow.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:34 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
But I don't feel bad for FIFA, they had there chance with the licence but kept it out of the core game and released separate UEFA Champions league game on the side as a cash cow.
What do you mean by that? FIFA World Cup edition? That is the only separate version I think EA has launched in the past.

I agree that this move was basically made to prevent and not to lose that license also to EA and FIFA which already has exclusive rights to so many leagues and teams. So I don't feel bad for FIFA either, the table has been uneven for so many years that PES has to fight with whatever they got and I think CL is a great add to the game.

The main thing, as always, is the edit mode and the variety to it. There has to be the possibility to edit the kits as there was in PS3- version. If that has made better than in 2015, I don't ever care for the licensing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 08:52 PM   #12
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putkonen
What do you mean by that? FIFA World Cup edition? That is the only separate version I think EA has launched in the past.

I agree that this move was basically made to prevent and not to lose that license also to EA and FIFA which already has exclusive rights to so many leagues and teams. So I don't feel bad for FIFA either, the table has been uneven for so many years that PES has to fight with whatever they got and I think CL is a great add to the game.

The main thing, as always, is the edit mode and the variety to it. There has to be the possibility to edit the kits as there was in PS3- version. If that has made better than in 2015, I don't ever care for the licensing.
He means that before PES got the exclusive license back in 09, EA had a game separate from the main FIFA game called the UEFA Champions League.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:02 PM   #13
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

The last time EA released a CL game was in 2007, full priced as well. I'm glad Konami got the license for the reasons already stated, but I wish they would add all of the CL teams for this upcoming year as well as the stadiums for each team. Some variety would be nice.

Also, I like how they put the San Siro stadium in the pic, as that will be the site of the CL final next year.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:59 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
He means that before PES got the exclusive license back in 09, EA had a game separate from the main FIFA game called the UEFA Champions League.
Oh ok, I can't recall this ever happened. I should've googled it, thanks for the info though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »