Home

Keeping NBA 2K15 Fresh as the NBA Season Ends

This is a discussion on Keeping NBA 2K15 Fresh as the NBA Season Ends within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2015, 06:55 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Keeping NBA 2K15 Fresh as the NBA Season Ends

Near the end of every year, I typically do a 30-team controlled fantasy draft. I do the draft itself within Excel so I can take breaks, usually takes me about a week to do it.

For the first round, I figure out the 30 guys I want to be in the round and try to match them up with the team/city I feel they fit best. So Kobe stays in LA, LeBron Cleveland, Rose in Chicago, etc. Then I rank them 1-30 for snake draft purposes.

I also won't let guys that typically retire within the first three seasons to go in the first round. So for this season with Duncan, I think I'm just going to let him be San Antonio's second round pick to keep him there with Parker. May give them a competitive edge, we'll see.

After I finish the draft within Excel, I draft the teams within the games. I don't make any trades for the entire first season so my initial setup stays the same. In past years, I'd usually play a game with each team/play the All Star weekend/sim to the playoffs where I play some of those series.

I think I'm going to try something different this year though and mainly use one team. Do the initial draft and afterward, use a randomizer to determine which team I use. That way I won't know who I'm going to be during the draft process and can't skew things in my favor.

Last edited by zmcman1; 06-09-2015 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:40 PM   #10
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K15 would be more fresh to me if it had a playoff mode so I can play out these current playoffs. Since it doesn't, I barely play it at all. ALL SPORTS GAMES NEED A PLAYOFF MODE!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2015, 11:05 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 4
What you can do is build theme teams: a team of all scrubs, all young players, all old players, all short players etc. That never gets old for me.

What I like about the nba 2K series is that if you choose to go the all scrub team route, it won't be easy. Other sports games you can plug in anyone and still win with ease.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2015, 10:44 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6
"Fantasy Draft in MyLeague or MyGM" scratch that... The reduction in 3 point ratings has seriously unbalanced simulation results and stats. Completely ruined those game modes for the playoffs this year.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:50 PM   #13
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
My Park is a mess currently. From court's got next spots breaking and causing players to get stuck in them, or not be able to step on/off in a reasonable amount of time, to awful lag spikes in-games; often just too laggy to play. And the rotten community that has now set out with this Demi-god glitch giving them all badges and spawning 7'2" PG. It's not a great experience. If you can manage to get a good group together, you'll have better luck, but good luck finding quality opponents who play non-cheese ball.

Last edited by Tengo Juego; 06-11-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:32 PM   #14
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

@MMChrisS bro how old are you?
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Old 06-12-2015, 04:21 PM   #15
Rookie

Yeah, the OA works. I joined one the other day and it was fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 05:32 PM   #16
Rookie

TheBallGuru's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmcman1
Near the end of every year, I typically do a 30-team controlled fantasy draft. I do the draft itself within Excel so I can take breaks, usually takes me about a week to do it.

For the first round, I figure out the 30 guys I want to be in the round and try to match them up with the team/city I feel they fit best. So Kobe stays in LA, LeBron Cleveland, Rose in Chicago, etc. Then I rank them 1-30 for snake draft purposes.

I also won't let guys that typically retire within the first three seasons to go in the first round. So for this season with Duncan, I think I'm just going to let him be San Antonio's second round pick to keep him there with Parker. May give them a competitive edge, we'll see.

After I finish the draft within Excel, I draft the teams within the games. I don't make any trades for the entire first season so my initial setup stays the same. In past years, I'd usually play a game with each team/play the All Star weekend/sim to the playoffs where I play some of those series.

I think I'm going to try something different this year though and mainly use one team. Do the initial draft and afterward, use a randomizer to determine which team I use. That way I won't know who I'm going to be during the draft process and can't skew things in my favor.
Confused as to why you do a fantasy draft but pretty much keep everyone on their current teams. Whats the point of fantasy draft if you're making Parker and Duncan stay in SA?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »