Home

Press Row Podcast - E3 2015 Preview

This is a discussion on Press Row Podcast - E3 2015 Preview within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2015, 11:54 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Press Row Podcast - E3 2015 Preview

This week’s episode gets the entire Press Row gang together to talk about what E3 2015 may hold in store for sports games. From the basic messaging we’re expecting from core titles to far-flung future-state virtual reality, this year’s E3 conference is likely to throw a lot at fans of big-time sports. Will there be any major surprises? Will hyperbole be ramped up or tempered? Will we see anything from the new wave of VR machines like Oculus or Morpheus? Join the crew as we walk through what we expect and hope this year at E3.

Enjoy!

Joining us this week:Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:

1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at [email protected]
3) Respond to this post

Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), and the Windows Store, so subscribe to it and rate it too!

Run Time: 1 Hour, 14 Minutes

Lastly, check out our brand new compilation page on Audioboom, where all of our shows are easy to access from one page.

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 02:53 PM   #2
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2
I hope you guys all enjoy eating crow when Joe Montana Football is indeed real and at E3, and not some type of lame joke you guys make fun of on your podcasts.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:13 PM   #3
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

OVR: 0
Anyone think VR will flop? It's cool and all but so we're motion controls... I just don't know that the general public (casual gamers) will care at all
Old 06-12-2015, 09:32 PM   #4
Rookie

tsbmolina, agreed. I listened to a few podcast of them awhile back but they just like hearing themselves talk. Whenever the subject like joe montana came up or nfl 2k they just laugh and it was annoying. Obviously people want to hear about that stuff even if it might not happen. Joe Montana is obviously real. I used to go to pastapadres site all the time, now i havent been in more than a year.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4
Hi guys! Rich Grisham here. I see the comments above and want to weigh in.

1) No one wants a big time new Joe Montana - or any other branded - football game more than me. I make a living talking about and writing about sports video games. The more there are, the better my job is. The less there are, the better the chance for me to have to find something else to do. So please believe me that I would LOVE a new AAA football game.

2) We laugh about a lot of things on the show, and that includes the ongoing saga of will-it-exist and what-will-it-be of Joe Montana Football. If that comes off as insulting to the community, then I apologize. I am not the kind of person that actively seeks to speak down to my listeners and readers. I don't appreciate when that happens to me, and I do not want to be known as someone that does that either. If it comes off that way, I apologize. Again, we laugh about a lot of stuff. I do not mean it to come off as insulting.

3) I think VR will be a real challenge to be successful, but only because it's so expensive and such a risky investment for developers. The opportunity is massive, and the potential is there for greatness. But a lot of things have to come together for it to be successful. I don't think it will be huge, but I hope to be wrong.

Thank you to everyone for listening. I appreciate the feedback, and want you all to know how much I love creating Press Row for the Operation Sports community every week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 10:42 PM   #6
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

Re: Press Row Podcast - E3 2015 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by richgrisham

1) No one wants a big time new Joe Montana - or any other branded - football game more than me. I make a living talking about and writing about sports video games. The more there are, the better my job is. The less there are, the better the chance for me to have to find something else to do. So please believe me that I would LOVE a new AAA football game.

2) We laugh about a lot of things on the show, and that includes the ongoing saga of will-it-exist and what-will-it-be of Joe Montana Football. If that comes off as insulting to the community, then I apologize. I am not the kind of person that actively seeks to speak down to my listeners and readers. I don't appreciate when that happens to me, and I do not want to be known as someone that does that either. If it comes off that way, I apologize. Again, we laugh about a lot of stuff. I do not mean it to come off as insulting.

3) I think VR will be a real challenge to be successful, but only because it's so expensive and such a risky investment for developers. The opportunity is massive, and the potential is there for greatness. But a lot of things have to come together for it to be successful. I don't think it will be huge, but I hope to be wrong.

Thank you to everyone for listening. I appreciate the feedback, and want you all to know how much I love creating Press Row for the Operation Sports community every week.
Thank you Rich Grisham for your sincere apology on how sometimes your podcasts can come across as you guys talking down to the community. I just would like to hear more professional sounding podcasts instead of so much sarcasm and lame jokes about games that we sports gamer's are so passionate about. Thanks again for your reply as you didn't have to explain your stance.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:20 PM   #7
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
I really don't see VR doing anything good with sports games. Also loved the PES love! It looks and moves more like soccer than FIFA easily, not sure how it looks ugly lol This debate always comes up between me and my friend who likes FIFA. Either way, looking like a good year for both games.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:02 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by richgrisham

Rich, the funny thing is your the level headed ones who I enjoy listening to, don't change a thing. I guess its just pasta who rubs me the wrong way about things. There's been numerous times when joe montana was brought up and he just laughs it off like the rest of us are idiots instead of having a conversation about how it can succeed. He always likes to hear himself talk and in the end its always "no football game will succeed with madden I'm the picture" is basically what he says. It may or may not but you guys have a voice that may be big or small for the rest of us in the sports game community who want a new football game and not just the same madden. I do like TJ also..when he talks , I haven't listened in a few podcast but he didn't say much before.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »