Home

E3 Surprises From the Last 10-Plus Years...

This is a discussion on E3 Surprises From the Last 10-Plus Years... within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2015, 10:57 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
E3 Surprises From the Last 10-Plus Years...

We can always count on E3 to bring us all sorts of surprises and reveals, even if some of them end up getting leaked weeks or months in advance. All of the big hardware manufacturers and publishers want to wow the media and fans with a balance of new and exciting offerings as well as some properties that play on nostalgia.

The sports game space has had quite a few positive and negative developments emanating from E3 in the past, and I thought it would be fun to look back at some of the crazier moments from the past 15 years as well as look forward to the 2015 version of the annual hype machine.

Read More - E3 Surprises From the Last 10-Plus Years...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 01:15 PM   #2
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
This years surprise title will be Joe Montana Football a fully customizable game with a career mode geared towards sim players. One can dream at least...
Old 06-12-2015, 02:12 PM   #3
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: E3 Surprises From the Last 10-Plus Years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
This years surprise title will be Joe Montana Football a fully customizable game with a career mode geared towards sim players. One can dream at least...

I share your dream.

I generally don't have much interest in E3, but this year is different. I'm extremely pumped to hear about Joe Montana Football.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:36 PM   #4
Banned

Joe Montana Football 16 will be the big surprise, Im going to go out on a limb and say it will be NFL licensed, released on PC only at first in July, then released later this year on XboxONE.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:27 PM   #5
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Rocket League is gonna steal the show at E3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2015, 03:33 AM   #6
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Joe Montana Football 16 will be the big surprise, Im going to go out on a limb and say it will be NFL licensed, released on PC only at first in July, then released later this year on XboxONE.
I can't see a PC only release but I could see an Xbox One exclusive. And rumors are swirling that Microsoft is developing it and that they have the rights to use the NFL license. But you have to take everything with a pinch of salt on the internet.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:05 AM   #7
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: E3 Surprises From the Last 10-Plus Years...

Quote:
We are no longer talking Joe Montana Football until it is a confirmed title. And by "confirmed" I mean someone with working knowledge confirms that it is a real title and is being developed and released at some point.

No more hype trains, no more speculation. There is a reason no other sites are picking up on this story. We aren't anymore either, until there is confirmation.
Quote:
What will we see this year? Nothing is certain, of course, but it seems likely that we’ll hear something about Joe Montana Football 2016 — or whatever it ends up being called. Joe Montana himself even teased the game on a visit he was having up to Microsoft’s campus, but it’s hard to really read into that too much. Maybe it comes out on Xbox platforms; maybe it doesn’t. Phil Spencer, Microsoft’s gaming bigwig, has always said that they would likely use contracted studios to make exclusive sports games going forward, and this could be an example with the Montana game, similar to the arrangement with things like Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break.
Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »