Home

DB/WR Interactions Are Vastly Improved in Madden NFL 16, According to EA

This is a discussion on DB/WR Interactions Are Vastly Improved in Madden NFL 16, According to EA within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2015, 12:24 AM   #17
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: DB/WR Interactions Are Vastly Improved in Madden NFL 16, According to EA

Well damn to all those SIM guys who don't user catch. Kinda ironic there was a mini-discussion on this earlier. I am very happy with what I'm reading so far about all the changes.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 06-16-2015, 12:26 AM   #18
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
Well damn to all those SIM guys who don't user catch. Kinda ironic there was a mini-discussion on this earlier. I am very happy with what I'm reading so far about all the changes.
I am pretty sure they said AI players will behave and use the new interactions properly based on their traits and ratings. I think everyone wins on this one.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 06-16-2015 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Think I misunderstood something originally
Old 06-16-2015, 12:41 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I am pretty sure they said AI players will behave and use the new interactions properly based on their traits and ratings. I think everyone wins on this one.
Agreed sir!
Old 06-16-2015, 12:42 AM   #20
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Yes we do...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-16-2015, 03:08 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This screenshot speaks volumes about the improvement of WR/DBs and awareness.

This a 4 man interaction taking place, you have the WR and CB, CB has his arm around WR, knocks ball out, the other defender is falling underneath WR and the S is coming over to try to intercept the pass.
To the pic: That's the type of situation that very commonly happens in Madden that you would rarely, if ever, see in a real football game.

How did three different defenders manage to be right around the receiver at the moment of the catch? I hope they've addressed the issue where defenders, especially deep safeties, cover way too much ground while the ball is in the air; it's unrealistic and makes some routes, like a post-seam, almost impossible.

But again, difficult to draw a conclusion from a picture, but that is the type of scenario ones constantly sees in M15 where defenders have enough time to sprint towards the receiver regardless of their position previous to the pass.

EDIT: Maybe it was Charlie Whitehurst simply throwing into triple coverage???? :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 04:18 AM   #22
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
To the pic: That's the type of situation that very commonly happens in Madden that you would rarely, if ever, see in a real football game.

How did three different defenders manage to be right around the receiver at the moment of the catch? I hope they've addressed the issue where defenders, especially deep safeties, cover way too much ground while the ball is in the air; it's unrealistic and makes some routes, like a post-seam, almost impossible.

But again, difficult to draw a conclusion from a picture, but that is the type of scenario ones constantly sees in M15 where defenders have enough time to sprint towards the receiver regardless of their position previous to the pass.

EDIT: Maybe it was Charlie Whitehurst simply throwing into triple coverage???? :P
You mean like these plays that you rarely see in the real NFL?

Triple coverage isn't that rare depending on the down, distance, situation and formations of the offense and defense.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:03 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
You mean like these plays that you rarely see in the real NFL?

Triple coverage isn't that rare depending on the down, distance, situation and formations of the offense and defense.
Can't see the pics.

Regardless.... I stated clearly in my post that such stuff happens (rarely).... throwing into triple coverage is VERY DIFFERENT from throwing a deep post or fly route and safeties and lb's having time to run down the thrown ball.

And again, as I mentioned in my post, can't judge what type of situation the Madden picture is from... was just pointing out that I hope they address the unrealistic way defenders can cover ground in Madden (specially deep safeties)
Old 06-16-2015, 08:09 AM   #24
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This screenshot speaks volumes about the improvement of WR/DBs and awareness.

This a 4 man interaction taking place, you have the WR and CB, CB has his arm around WR, knocks ball out, the other defender is falling underneath WR and the S is coming over to try to intercept the pass.
I really like that pic, it shows a lot going on defensively and shows an incomplete animation I don't think I've seen in Madden before.

The only thing I would nitpick out of it is Kevin Johnson (#30) triggering a catch animation for the loose ball, if in fact the ball is coming down directly from the receivers right hand. If the ball is somehow juggled in mid-air prior to this and the result is the ball falling to his right while he makes a last ditch attempt in retrieving the ball with his right hand, then that would be a GREAT sequence, and would justify the defender in attempting to catch the falling ball.

We'd have to see that sequence in motion, but if the former situation is true, then I would hope that they got rid of immediately triggered animations that aren't possible in a real life sequence.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »