Home

Madden NFL 16 Introduces a New Mode: Draft Champions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Introduces a New Mode: Draft Champions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2015, 11:38 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 16 Blog - Draft Champions Mode

If the database of selectable cards/players are from MUT this would be cool and keep the mode fresh.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:45 AM   #18
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 16 Introduces a New Mode: Draft Champions

I like this mode. I know the franchise purists can't stand this kind of stuff but, I will enjoy it I'm sure. Maybe it's my age and the fact that I have 3 kids with one on the way that make me enjoy modes that require less time investment.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:08 PM   #19
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I like this mode. I know the franchise purists can't stand this kind of stuff but, I will enjoy it I'm sure. Maybe it's my age and the fact that I have 3 kids with one on the way that make me enjoy modes that require less time investment.
I'll never play it, but I expect this mode to be extremely popular. It will keep a lot of people playing the game for a much longer period of time than they normally would and probably increase the chances of them purchasing the game the next year too. It was a smart play by EA.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:14 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 1

I wonder if you're 'stuck' with the team you draft until you play your season through or if you can give up. Hopefully you're stuck with them, otherwise people will just redraft till they get just what they want.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:26 PM   #21
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginix
Personally I'm kind of annoyed that they spent their time creating a new mode when CFM is still fairly crappy. Although I can see the appeal for others, I doubt I'll touch it.
The team that worked on this mode weren't the same ones working on CFM. EA has entirely separate studio that works on CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 12:30 PM   #22
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I am a "sim first" franchise purist but I love this addition. I love to take my CFM's 20 years down the road and develop my players watching them grow. Franchise mode will always be my first love. But some days I just want to kick back with a 6 pack and a pizza and play some football without having to worry about my star QB getting hurt or my third string RB fumbling again. Usually that was done with play now games but this adds a new level of easy pick up and play games.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:54 PM   #23
Rookie

Re: Madden NFL 16 Blog - Draft Champions Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I really wished they would of concentrated on CFM rather than giving another MUT type game mode. Looks like this is the age we are in now.
At this point, it is what it is.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:52 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm wondering if this mode could be the way back into the multi-player one console type of gameplay from previous generations. Imagine 8 players each drafting a team, and then competing in an knockout tournament within this mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »