Home

Madden NFL 16 Features Improved Head Tracking, Better Pre/Post Play Movement

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Features Improved Head Tracking, Better Pre/Post Play Movement within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2015, 08:27 PM   #9
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 16 Features Improved Head Tracking, Better Pre/Post Play Movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Players can expect a dramatic reduction in pops, warps, slides. This is huge for me, hopefully it works as advertised. Why is it so hard for them to redo Qb dropbacks?
I'm guessing you missed this, they redid QB locomotion
https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/...6-passing-game
Old 06-15-2015, 08:37 PM   #10
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 16 Features Improved Head Tracking, Better Pre/Post Play Movement

If this works out as planned, it will make a big difference in the presentation aspect of things. Hopefully it works.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:37 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm guessing you missed this, they redid QB locomotion
https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/...6-passing-game
Then something has gone terribly. They re-did them and the animations got lost or something? Because--especially Eli's--looks exactly the same as the crummy drop they've been using forever now. I can't tell if they've finally bothered to fix the QB Set and have them place the ball in set properly (not sitting at their waists like a bunch of doofuses) because they're throwing the ball too quickly for me to see.

Also, that part where Eli is running is absolutely putrid. That has to be a keyframed animation because I cannot conceive of a motion capture talent running that goofy on purpose. It looks like some Disney Pixar animation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 03:00 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 22

I really hope the developers address the pre-play and post-play player sequences. Seeing the same player animation of a player pumping his fist in excitement after a first down..that kind of small thing really sticks out like a sore thumb. It really ruins the FLOW of the game. This greatly needs fixed....for such a small thing it can really ruin the overall atmosphere of the game. If you are gonna do pre/post play player animations/sequences/cut-scenes ...you really gotta make sure you're thinking (as a developer) how often will this same animation/sequence/cut-scene will be repetitive. Or ask yourself will this animation become repetitive over a few games? If so, then it will totally RUIN the FLOW and ATMOSPHERE of the game...these small things play a HUGE ROLE in the overall presentation/atmosphere...or simply the flow of the game. It NEEDS TO BE FLUID and not repetitive. In another words, if you are gonna stick these things into the game..make sure you have enough of them so they do not get old so quick.

Another thing that i noticed in M15, as small as it seems, ruins the fluidity of the game which is when a player crosses the goal like for a TD, he will stand idle immediately after crossing the goal like for 1 second then he will go into his TD animation or celebration..Again, as little as this seems, sticks out like a sore thumb and really hampers the overall fluidity of the game.

That fluidity or "Flow" is what is needed in Madden's animations,cut-scenes,pre/post play sequences which it has been lacking in so many ways. Repetitiveness is also a MAJOR eye sore...again, not enough variation will ruin the overall atmosphere..it is simply amazing how such little nuances can really damage the overall atmosphere in a football videogame.

One simple example of something repetitive in madden that really drags down the rest of the game's atmosphere is that pre-play sequence of the coach talking to the QB and then QB runs onto the field...this one sequence was way too repetitive..Variety is a key to these animations/sequences/cut-scenes, rather than toss them out, add a boat load more of them and make sure the code can shuffle them properly so they do get so repetitive.

I am glad to hear about this bit of news from Madden Dev's, but i hold my breath in hopes that they finally see what many of us have seen for ages. Madden has always struggled in this area and even though its a non-gameplay issue...it still totally holds everything else back. It's sorta like a awesome recipe for spaghetti sauce..if one ingredient is missing, as small as it may be, ..the sauce comes tasting dreadfully wrong.

Last edited by Moegames; 06-16-2015 at 03:07 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-16-2015, 07:29 AM   #13
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacksimfootball
Then something has gone terribly. They re-did them and the animations got lost or something? Because--especially Eli's--looks exactly the same as the crummy drop they've been using forever now. I can't tell if they've finally bothered to fix the QB Set and have them place the ball in set properly (not sitting at their waists like a bunch of doofuses) because they're throwing the ball too quickly for me to see.

Also, that part where Eli is running is absolutely putrid. That has to be a keyframed animation because I cannot conceive of a motion capture talent running that goofy on purpose. It looks like some Disney Pixar animation.
according to jpdavis on another thread, the updated QB dropback/animations did not make it into the trailer at E3. but it has been much improved
Old 06-16-2015, 06:06 PM   #14
Just started!

ozymandias2's Arena

Wow...

As a longtime madden fan, I can't believe they're trying to sell us this as a "feature"

I'm disappointed that we've come to XBox One in 2015 and making sure the players walk a realistic path to the huddle after a play where the cb slid 10 yds to intercept my pass lol. I come here for objective info on games and I get it.

I think madden this year is a wait and see, not a first day cop. They want us to be excited for stuff, I feel, should be standard. Smh Xbox one tho.

My qbs head wasn't turning through his progressions? Come on man that's little details to me. I guess I'll wait and see what this looks like, I needed to rant though. I lurk mostly, post rarely but I'm tired of being nickeled and dimed...fed crap and be told its caviar lol. No more instant $60 bucks anymore.

Lol...2016..."Head tracking"...."Player Movement"
Smh
Old 06-16-2015, 08:04 PM   #15
Rookie

testudoaubreii's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Players can expect a dramatic reduction in pops, warps, slides. This is huge for me, hopefully it works as advertised. Why is it so hard for them to redo Qb dropbacks?

I have a lot of gripes with Madden, but these are some of the big ones. I absolutely cannot stand when the players are lining up and it goes from a somewhat natural jog/walk to their positions. It is almost like they skip a frame or something. It is real jerky, or maybe snappy is a better term. Players sliding across the field has been around for a long time and I hope to see that gone.

I don't know...sometimes it is just gives of an unnatural feeling, like it is not fluid or organic. It really can take you out of the overall immersion of the game.

I can't explain it well, so hopefully that made some sort of sense. Anyhow, I hope to see nice, smooth and fluid movements and animations this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »