Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Course and Golfer List

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Course and Golfer List within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2015, 09:55 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Course and Golfer List

Disappointing is putting it mildly on the courses. Golfers, not an issue unless we can actually play a career with one.

Going out on a limb here to predict EA has another 6 real and 2 fantasy courses available for DLC sometime in the very near future after launch......

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 06-17-2015, 10:00 AM   #18
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Disappointing is putting it mildly on the courses. Golfers, not an issue unless we can actually play a career with one.

Going out on a limb here to predict EA has another 6 real and 2 fantasy courses available for DLC sometime in the very near future after launch......
Yeah, I'm with you on the golfer list. I'd prefer to see more, but the list we got includes quite a few big names.

Sadly, I hope there are 6 or more courses for DLC. I hate that it'll be DLC, but at least it'll be more courses. If EA is smart, they'll make the DLC a very friendly price, or they'll lose even more momentum moving forward.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:01 AM   #19
Rookie

Sparkchaser18's Arena

OVR: 0
Looks like another disappointment. I feel like EA enjoys devolving.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:02 AM   #20
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

How can they justify a $59.99 price with 8 courses lol?

PASSING.

No Augusta. No Pebble. No Torrey Pines.

Glad they got the trusty 'Battlefield Soldier' in the game though.

SMH...
Old 06-17-2015, 10:28 AM   #21
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
How can they justify a $59.99 price with 8 courses lol?

PASSING.

No Augusta. No Pebble. No Torrey Pines.

Glad they got the trusty 'Battlefield Soldier' in the game though.

SMH...
I didn't really focus on which courses didn't make the cut, but wow, no Pebble is very surprising. When is the last time it wasn't in an EA golf game?!?

I loved having Augusta National in the game, but I'll give them a pass on that one. The license had to be crazy expensive, and the people at Augusta liked having everything their way. But no Pebble is mind boggling.

I'd like to see Chambers Bay screens at least, since I'm in full U.S. Open mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 11:23 AM   #22
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0

8 real courses? I suggest to those that have pre-ordered to cancel their pre-order. That's sad.

Edit: I'm sick of hearing the argument "well it's the first game on a new generation so we had to take stuff out"
No, that should be incentive to put more in even if development is longer. Stop being lazy, devs.

Last edited by RyanLaFalce; 06-17-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:42 AM   #23
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

I can't find the thread that I questioned Seymour's interpretation of the number of courses in the game from some dude's blog but he was right.

Damn, tour mode will be pretty bleak compared to recent years. And I'm stuck holding a pre-order.

If the game plays well I'll probably bend over and gobble up as much DLC as I can but I'm sure glad I still have my PS3 and TW14.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:52 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 4

Yeah, it is quite disappointing seeing the lack of courses and meat when they decided to add so much Fantasy crap. (Something they used to initially announce the game might I add). Very surprising to see Pebble didn't make the cut for courses, but that'll probably easily be in DLC.... (Which we SHOULD'NT have to pay extra for!!!!.... DLC is mean't as an expansion and enhancement type thing, NOT for items that should've made the launch day copies to begin with!!!!) But whatever. I'm mainly getting this so I can play with my dad again bc he loves the PGA games (notice I didn't say golf games). I'm gonna bite the bullet here and pick this up anyways AND probably get some DLC just because for his sake. Because hey, IDK how much longer I can enjoy his company. (But this is why I asked about a season pass earlier in the month... I'd be willing to get that so ANY DLC that comes out I'll be able to grab automatically).

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »