Home

FIFA 16 Gameplay Videos (IGN & GameSpot)

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Gameplay Videos (IGN & GameSpot) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2015, 06:38 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 16 Gameplay Video (IGN)

It's like they were in the OS Slider thread the whole time. From 1:00 to 7:00 those features are exactly what we have been trying to achieve with the sliders.

This looks really good, but I need to see in in full gameplay action. The fact that the defenders are stepping up correctly and meeting the attackers, is the start of a good thing. I hope it sticks.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:58 PM   #10
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Liked the focus on defense but didn't really see anything that got me really interested. I'm just waiting for the demo to play it myself. The player models and movement still look pretty off to me.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:14 PM   #11
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Loved what I heard from FIFA but not too thrilled about the implementation. Some good & bad with the video

Good:

The animation of Neymar chopping his feet looked really good though.
Rakitic's covering Bale's run

Loved the contact animation that ensued after Marcelo's slide. Looked really natural (wish Madden could replicate this)

Midfielders covering angles and reacting

Bad

I don't know if Bale is sprinting but there's no one in the world that could keep up with him and not lose any space backpedaling.

The blind Benzema pass right to the feet of Kroos

The Marcelo slide was very weird in the sense that Messi seemed to slow down after he flicked the ball up allowing Marcelo to get in front of him.

The way they showcased "no touch dribbling". What they showed was feints. What I expected from No touch dribbling was allowing the ball to roll before you touch it, almost a hesitation move like in this video at the 2:40 & 4:12 marks.

Neither good nor bad but the dynamic crossing seems like something that is already in the game. Early, low, and normal crosses. Maybe they tuned attackers more aggressively going after them but I thought it was fine the last couple of years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 07:29 PM   #12
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
The player models and movement still look pretty off to me.
Interesting, sometimes I feel like I am the only one that feels like that. Especially in the movement department, that jog animation has always looked jerky and coupled with the odd player models large arms and hands would make for some comical looking moments to me. I thought this would change going to next gen but they must really be in love with that style.

I don't want to seem like I am getting on FIFA, I enjoyed last year for for what is was and I really liked what the did with the ball physics and physicality of football in FIFA 15. The improvements to the midfield sounds great because that is a big deal for me and hopefully they can ease up on players going for slide tackles in the game, it happens way too much in game especially on higher difficulty.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:09 PM   #13
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Just added another video from GameSpot. It's more of the same, but with it being longer and from a different interviewer perspective, there are more details.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-17-2015, 08:10 PM   #14
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
It's like they were in the OS Slider thread the whole time. From 1:00 to 7:00 those features are exactly what we have been trying to achieve with the sliders.

This looks really good, but I need to see in in full gameplay action. The fact that the defenders are stepping up correctly and meeting the attackers, is the start of a good thing. I hope it sticks.
You were the first person I thought of when I saw all of this
Old 06-17-2015, 08:33 PM   #15

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA 16 Gameplay Videos (IGN & GameSpot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG

I don't know if Bale is sprinting but there's no one in the world that could keep up with him and not lose any space backpedaling.

Yeah, that's bad. Luckily it looks like they've made corners/crosses/headers OP again to balance it out ... *sad trombone*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 12:45 AM   #16
Rookie

conorjhill's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 Gameplay Videos (IGN & GameSpot)

This was pretty disappointing in all honesty

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »