Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Trailer - Chambers Bay

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Trailer - Chambers Bay within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2015, 12:24 PM   #17
Rookie

Barto's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Trailer - Chambers Bay

Why so many trees on the course EA Sports? Chambers Bay literally has 1 lone tree that overlooks Puget Sound, so why are there so many trees in the game?
Old 06-19-2015, 02:23 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JODYE
My issue is moreso the lack of variety. How is it 2015 and they can't have 100-200 different swing styles in the game, including the unique styles for the players they license? Not even directly referring to this iteration. They haven't done this...ever lol
You really think they are going to motion capture 100-200 swings? Do you know how long and costly it is to do one? When you have to spend at least two full days per player to capture the motion and the particular artwork to capture each player, not to mention the expense and then scheduling each one individually, I can't say I agree. There is no PGA TOUR Players Association union that can be licensed like NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, etc.....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 06-19-2015, 02:26 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
To be fair, I guess no other golf game has individual swings tied to a player or different swing types, but for the PGA Tour officially licensed game not to have them is a real shame. All golf games need to incorporate a large amount of swing/stance types in their games.
See my post above. Not going to happen. Golf is not like Madden, FIFA, BF4, CoD, etc. The Golf budget is a fraction of those other games......

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 06-19-2015, 02:26 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
You really think they are going to motion capture 100-200 swings? Do you know how long and costly it is to do one? When you have to spend at least two full days per player to capture the motion and the particular artwork to capture each player, not to mention the expense and then scheduling each one individually, I can't say I agree. There is no PGA TOUR Players Association union that can be licensed like NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, etc.....
Maybe not 100-200, but NBA2K has had at least a handful of unique jumper styles for quite some time now, so it certainly doesn't seem unreasonable to have at least 7-8 different semi-generic swing types. Although that's not my primary area of concern for the game by any means.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:30 PM   #21
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Maybe not 100-200, but NBA2K has had at least a handful of unique jumper styles for quite some time now, so it certainly doesn't seem unreasonable to have at least 7-8 different semi-generic swing types. Although that's not my primary area of concern for the game by any means.
Read the last sentence of his divot makers post. Each golfer is licensed individually. If they don't want their swings in the game, their not bounded by a union. Same goes for courses. Not sure why this is such a hard concept for people to grasp.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 02:32 PM   #22

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Read the last sentence of his divot makers post. Each golfer licensed individually. If they don't want their swings in the game, their not bounded by a union. Same goes for courses. Not sure why this is such a hard concept for people to grasp.

Re read his post. He isn't asking for specific golfers likenesses.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:50 PM   #23
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Honestly, what golfer do you think is going to go through this whole process to get his likeness in the game, but then throw some sort of fit about having his swing mocapped? That is absurd to even think such a thing lol

And you're telling me they can't have people come in and imitate swings? Or have top amateur guys come in and get theirs mocapped? Come on now.

When referring to variations, I wasn't talking about getting all pros licensed. That is impossible, but trying to tell me they can't get 100 or so variations of golf swings in the game because of coding? That is laughable. This isn't like a football or a basketball game where there are literally thousands of physics based and contact related animations where players are interacting with one another in thousands of different ways and they all need to be coded individually. There are literally maybe 7-8 different types of swings a player may take that are absolutely necessary to capture. Driving, chipping, iron shot, putting, punch shot etc. I'd imagine with the technology, they could capture a lot of those relatively quickly.

pietasterp brought up 2K, which is a great example. You can include the Show in there as well. They have had hundreds of different generic shot and stance animations for some time now. The fact that we don't have that option, in a game where your swing is probably the one thing that makes you unique, is just incredibly lazy to me. But as long as it is EA, this is the type of effort that we will see.

Old 06-19-2015, 03:41 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barto
Why so many trees on the course EA Sports? Chambers Bay literally has 1 lone tree that overlooks Puget Sound, so why are there so many trees in the game?
Never actually been there but from what I see on TV it looks pretty good. Original mining company looks like it was cut into forest. Course built on property surrounded by trees with just the 1 tree in actual play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »