Home

Madden NFL 16 Interview with Creative Director Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Interview with Creative Director Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2015, 06:06 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16 Interview with Creative Director Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

Rex comes across as a stand up guy. I appreciate his transparency & direction he's taking the game. I think we're in good hands with him on board.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:02 PM   #10
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
Rex can say all he wants and nothing against him at all but as he knows,we don't want to hear it anymore,we need to see it.It's obviously appearing to be getting better.Let's get this years version released and see what we have.
Let's put it this way.

When 25 was released in November of 2013, he did a interview that was conducted with Rich Grissom with Clint. Rich asked us for questions prior to the interview.

WR/DB interraction question came up and Rex said if not in next years edition, it will be in the next one. check

He was asked about penalties and getting them to work properly. He said if not next year, it will be in the following one. check

So, based on that information, his track record history is fairly good.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:06 PM   #11
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Let's put it this way.

When 25 was released in November of 2013, he did a interview that was conducted with Rich Grissom with Clint. Rich asked us for questions prior to the interview.

WR/DB interraction question came up and Rex said if not in next years edition, it will be in the next one. check

He was asked about penalties and getting them to work properly. He said if not next year, it will be in the following one. check

He was also asked about gang tackling and last year in the live stream he mentioned how it's not where we want it, we have organic falls this year, but we're making an investment to build on it for the future. Check
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 08:07 PM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by btha1g
I never said that its like that in the building i said that how I, myself feel how they listen to the community not how they actually act. Its my perception of it not what is actually going on key word PERCEPTION.
Can I ask you how you base your perception on since Rex came aboard?

Or are you going back to the dark ages from 2006-2013?

Personally, for me, my perception since Rex came aboard is that he's been spot on with what they have delivered.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:09 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Rex is great for the Madden; I have full confidence in him and love what he is doing for Madden.

A few thoughts from the interview:
Rex is noticeably more involved and excited for this interview than others. When he does interviews with other media sources who are not big football guys (the GT and IGN vids) he is much more scripted and dull. In this interview I loved how he went into real detail to explain some of the things they did. I believe him when he says he wants to make a sim football game.

I do have to say however, that the interviewer could have been less of a hype man.

Still, great info here.
But all that said, I'm still in the no buy camp.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:18 PM   #14
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Let's put it this way.

I will give him praise for implementing these improvements but have to save my enthusiasm until the game drops and everything is working as advertised within reason.You can say I'm cautiously optimistic.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:37 PM   #15
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Happy to hear the "disengage block angle" is gone. It drove me crazy whenever the entire d line broke free at the exact same to smother me.
AGREE, cause how can ratings matter if players do the same thing at the same time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 08:40 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 15
Did he mention anything about realistic movement and locomotion? (See PES Soccer as a great example, FIFA as well)

Did he mention anything about player differentiation and animations to go along with it? (See NBA 2k and The Show as great examples)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »