Home

Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane are the NHL 16 Cover Athletes

This is a discussion on Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane are the NHL 16 Cover Athletes within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2015, 09:01 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane are the NHL 16 Cover Athletes

Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane were just announced as the NHL 16 cover athletes, during the 2015 NHL Awards show. For the first time in the history of the franchise, two teammates will share the cover, along with the Stanley Cup trophy.

Patrick Kane was the cover athlete for NHL 10, while Jonathan Toews was the NHL 11 cover athlete.

Read the full press release below.

EA Sports NHL 16 Reveals 2015 Stanley Cup Champions Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane as Cover Athletes

Chicago Blackhawks Captain and Right Winger Team Up to Share the Cover Spotlight for the First Time in Franchise History

Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA), the National Hockey League (NHL®) and the National Hockey League Players’ Association (NHLPA) announced today during the 2015 NHL Awards™ that three-time Stanley Cup® Champions Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane from the Chicago Blackhawks® will both appear on the cover of EA SPORTS™ NHL® 16. This marks the first time in franchise history that the cover has featured two teammates as well as the Stanley Cup trophy. Kane and Toews are also the only athletes to appear on an EA SPORTS™ NHL cover twice. The duo spotlight embodies the spirit of NHL 16, where you’ll play together and win together.

“I’m honored to not only share the Stanley Cup Championship with Patrick, but to share the EA SPORTS NHL 16 cover with him too,” said Toews. “Our team’s passion and dedication have made this all possible – and I’m sure fans will be fired up about it.”

“Being teamed up with Jonathan for the NHL 16 cover is a great feeling,” said Kane. “I never would have imagined being on the cover twice, and the fact this is happening on top of our team taking home the Cup is unreal.”

“Congratulations to both players; they are a perfect fit for this honor,” said Dave McCarthy, NHL Vice President of Consumer Products Marketing. "What the Chicago Blackhawks have been able to accomplish in the last six years has been nothing short of remarkable and I’m excited that this year’s NHL 16 cover will reflect the spirit of teamwork.”

"We would like to congratulate Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane on this well-deserved honor of being chosen as the duo cover athletes,” said Adam Larry, NHLPA Director of Licensing and Associate Counsel. “Hockey fans show great passion and interest in the EA SPORTS video game franchise each year, and they will be pleased to see these two outstanding teammates grace the cover of NHL 16.”

Built with more fan feedback and insights than ever before, NHL 16 delivers your most requested features and modes along with new experiences that make NHL 16 bigger and better. With new levels of depth across single player and team modes, combined with improved gameplay balance and innovation as well as new tools to help you play at your highest level, NHL 16 lets you play together and win together.

NHL 16 hits store shelves on September 15, 2015 in North America and September 17, 2015 in Europe for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®4. EA SPORTS™ NHL® Legacy Edition brings together the most popular modes and award-winning gameplay features from nine years of NHL hockey and will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 06-24-2015 at 09:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2015, 09:03 PM   #2
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane are the NHL 16 Cover Athletes

Well that's a bit odd.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:04 PM   #3
Rookie

13SM13's Arena

OVR: 0

So 3 of the last 6 years we have either Kane, Toews or now BOTH...

Not a fan of the repetition
Old 06-24-2015, 09:04 PM   #4
Banned

10, 11, 16 all theirs lol. They are awesome, but that's awful.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:05 PM   #5
Rookie

Is that hard to pick one person?
MLB: New York Mets
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2015, 09:10 PM   #6
Banned

First dual cover since:

Old 06-24-2015, 09:12 PM   #7
Rookie

Rather see fiddler than reused players
Old 06-24-2015, 09:18 PM   #8
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15

Just when I think the EA Sports team cannot get any dumber. I can't see how the Chicago Blackhawks are on the cover of NHL 10,11 and now 16. Absolutley the most stupid decision I have seen for a cover of a major sport video game. Now I can see why they Have such a low budget it has to be rammer and
gary buttman approved duhh.

Last edited by 13whitebread; 06-24-2015 at 10:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »