Home

Madden NFL 16: Five Things You Need to Know (Video)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16: Five Things You Need to Know (Video) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2015, 11:30 PM   #9
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 16: Five Things You Need to Know (Video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Yeah, basically this.

Seven chances to commit a holding penalty vs five chances to commit a holding penalty, assuming that a blitz comes and all blockers get engaged.

Similarly, you will see more defensive holding penalties if you play a lot of 2 Man Under with press coverage. If that is your go-to defense and you don't have great CBs, expect to see flags.
I believe that is the case with any man coverage in the game is it not?
Old 06-25-2015, 12:31 AM   #10
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredo5020
Nothing about this Madden is screaming "BUY ME" I think I'm gonna pass
That's cool.
Everything for the most part for me tells me this will be the best Madden yet and a blast to play. To each their own.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-25-2015, 12:33 AM   #11
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
He said max protect is more likely to elicit a holding penalty. Shouldn't that be the other way around? More blockers = less need to hold.. right?
Can look at 2 ways... With max protect you'll probably have more players trying to pass block that have lower ratings (TE and RB) which could cause a hold.

IF the more penalties are striictly hitting OL then yeah that's an issue.

EDIT: I need to read all replies before I reply lol
Basically already stated what I stated.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2015, 12:38 AM   #12
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take_this_L
I'm supposed to be excited when a football in 2016 adds penalties, and wr/Db interactions. Ea sports is a bad joke and pathetic at best. As long as this site supports its ****ery there will never be change.
I know he's banned but this is what kills me. People demand change and scream about it.
We do get some real change for the better (And yes it's a long time coming but that's neither here nor there) and people scream.
Basically some want change as is as long as it's anything other than EA/Madden.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-25-2015, 07:32 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k198003
no dissresepct but you seem like the kinda guy that wants the big on the back of the box feature that makes it a "buy me" game.

This is what 2kand the show have pretty much gone too in the last couple years. Just making an awesome game fine tuning it to be the best it can be and not worrying so much about the flash. I think tuning of the penalties(if they work) the adding on of the running physics and A.I. in the running game. the wr/db interaction and the new controls for them, also the "get skinny" button will change the way the game play tremendously form madden 15. This would make it a buy me game then you sprinkle on "draft board" better know as the scouting board or whatever and draft kings will get me a player WHO NEVER PLAYS ULTIMATE team into it hopefully, I dont know i am really excited about this madden cause of all the under the hood things that are going on.
i only play connected careers so the lack of improvement there lost me and I don't play ultimate team or any of those "Fantasy mini games" and the improvement there talking about are so minor you probably won't even notice so year just another roster update it seems
Old 06-25-2015, 07:40 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k198003
no dissresepct but you seem like the kinda guy that wants the big on the back of the box feature that makes it a "buy me" game.

This is what 2kand the show have pretty much gone too in the last couple years. Just making an awesome game fine tuning it to be the best it can be and not worrying so much about the flash. I think tuning of the penalties(if they work) the adding on of the running physics and A.I. in the running game. the wr/db interaction and the new controls for them, also the "get skinny" button will change the way the game play tremendously form madden 15. This would make it a buy me game then you sprinkle on "draft board" better know as the scouting board or whatever and draft kings will get me a player WHO NEVER PLAYS ULTIMATE team into it hopefully, I dont know i am really excited about this madden cause of all the under the hood things that are going on.
And also 2k is the best at mixing the both fine tuning of the game and back of the box features every year 2k is a better game gameplay wise and with better features
Old 06-25-2015, 08:57 AM   #15
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I know he's banned but this is what kills me. People demand change and scream about it.
We do get some real change for the better (And yes it's a long time coming but that's neither here nor there) and people scream.
That same person would be posting and yelling if they didnt fix penalties this year. Some people here are just so anti EA they cant see any good in what they do. Personally I love the direction they are going in gameplay wise. CFM needs some work but I will give them credit for at least trying new ideas and giving us combine results. Scouting needed a major overhaul, it's not the direction most of us would go in but at least they are trying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2015, 11:33 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I'm afraid I may not like Madden unless they provide options that make CFM realistic, or at least reasonably realistic. I just don't see that happening after seeing the ShopMaster/Kolbe interview.

Change for the better is a matter of opinion. I like many of the gameplay changes (if they work correctly) because they are more geared towards realism. I strongly dislike the CCM/CFM changes ever since it's conception because of how far it's gone from realistic. Though many people like the CCM/CFM changes.

It's all a matter of opinion and might not have anything to do with being anti-EA for many of us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »