Home

Madden NFL 16: Five Things You Need to Know (Video)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16: Five Things You Need to Know (Video) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2015, 11:40 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16: Five Things You Need to Know (Video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I know he's banned but this is what kills me. People demand change and scream about it.
We do get some real change for the better (And yes it's a long time coming but that's neither here nor there) and people scream.
Basically some want change as is as long as it's anything other than EA/Madden.
Yep, granted I have been in the Madden forums since 25 came out, I still can guess what you guys want from this game. Yea all of these improvements are late. But I love the effort this team is putting into this game in order to make it more fun.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:42 AM   #18
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Yeah, basically this.

Seven chances to commit a holding penalty vs five chances to commit a holding penalty, assuming that a blitz comes and all blockers get engaged.

Similarly, you will see more defensive holding penalties if you play a lot of 2 Man Under with press coverage. If that is your go-to defense and you don't have great CBs, expect to see flags.
The risk/reward factor and strategy in general seems high this year and that's awesome. I love we will see man cover 2 this year since single coverage is exploitable (as it should be) and I also love that we can't just sit in cover 3 all day like last year

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:58 AM   #19
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

If things work as they say, which has always been a big IF with Madden, or really anything EA for that matter, it sounds like it could be a very good game. Fixing penalties is a huge thing for me and has me interested in actually buying the game. If penalties are realistic as well as sim stats being actually right for once in a long time with Madden I will definitely buy this game. I thought gameplay was very solid last yr on the PS3, but had all kinds of freezing issues which ruined it for me, and I never did get Madden when I switched to PS4, so I would like to have a football game for the PS4.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 06-25-2015, 12:05 PM   #20
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyPirates
The max protect resulting in more penalties thing might just be due to having 7 blockers = higher chance that one of them holds relative to having only 5 blockers, assuming the chance that an individual blocker holds is constant across protection schemes (which I imagine it is/will be in this game)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Yeah, basically this.

Seven chances to commit a holding penalty vs five chances to commit a holding penalty, assuming that a blitz comes and all blockers get engaged.

Similarly, you will see more defensive holding penalties if you play a lot of 2 Man Under with press coverage. If that is your go-to defense and you don't have great CBs, expect to see flags.
I suppose that makes sense. Thanks guys.

Watch me play video games
Old 06-25-2015, 01:40 PM   #21
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I'm afraid I may not like Madden unless they provide options that make CFM realistic, or at least reasonably realistic. I just don't see that happening after seeing the ShopMaster/Kolbe interview.

Change for the better is a matter of opinion. I like many of the gameplay changes (if they work correctly) because they are more geared towards realism. I strongly dislike the CCM/CFM changes ever since it's conception because of how far it's gone from realistic. Though many people like the CCM/CFM changes.

It's all a matter of opinion and might not have anything to do with being anti-EA for many of us.

I was strictly basing it on his complaining that we shouldnt be excited about penalties etc. . And yeah I am excited about penalties finally. We've been asking for real penalties for a while.

I know there are a lot of gamers that need more additions to make it a better/realistic game..as I do as well (formation subs etc..)
However you can clearly pick out the ones I'm referring to as far as anti EA..

At this point in just ready to see it for myself and hopefully not be disappointed in the AI.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 06-25-2015 at 01:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2015, 02:13 PM   #22
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

I liked hearing that constantly pressing increases the chances of defensive holding. It's more frustrating in MUT, because players eventually get 90+ press and WRs can't even get off the line.

I wonder what the holding animation while be or trigger at. Holding doesn't only happen at the LOS. Pass interference doesn't only happen when the ball is near.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:03 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1
First off, I know I will get killed for this comment but here goes "It is a GAME" I know we all want as much realism as possible, I get it. I have been playing madden since the Sega days, and it has come a long way. Can it be better, absolutely!!!! But the problem with any sports game is that the developers are trying to simulate what they think a HUMAN will do in certain situations. You cannot write code to tell a SS safety to cheat in down in the box because he has seen a certain play several times. Even in the NFL, we curse our own teams when they make a stupid play. (missed tackes, overthrown passes) Why? They are humans!!!!! Humans have this crazy ability to think. Simulated video football players for whatever reason do not think, they go where they are told to go in the code. This is why exploits are found every year. If man made it , man can break it. Let's just enjoy the GAME, because at the end of the day that is what it is, A GAME!!!!!

Last edited by texastarheel; 06-26-2015 at 09:05 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:31 PM   #24
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastarheel
First off, I know I will get killed for this comment but here goes "It is a GAME" I know we all want as much realism as possible, I get it. I have been playing madden since the Sega days, and it has come a long way. Can it be better, absolutely!!!! But the problem with any sports game is that the developers are trying to simulate what they think a HUMAN will do in certain situations. You cannot write code to tell a SS safety to cheat in down in the box because he has seen a certain play several times. Even in the NFL, we curse our own teams when they make a stupid play. (missed tackes, overthrown passes) Why? They are humans!!!!! Humans have this crazy ability to think. Simulated video football players for whatever reason do not think, they go where they are told to go in the code. This is why exploits are found every year. If man made it , man can break it. Let's just enjoy the GAME, because at the end of the day that is what it is, A GAME!!!!!
Is there post in this thread you are responding to or are you just expressing this in general? I'm a little confused.

I appreciate your opinion and your perspective. I disagree slightly, I think you can program that kind of code based on ratings and tendencies. I am sure it would be hard to program it but it can be done, IMO.

I do agree that boneheaded stuff happens all the time in real life, so to see it happen in the game is understandable to a certain extent. In my opinion, there is a difference between "a bonehead play" and " a legacy issue."

In the case of Antonio Brown not making a block in the Steelers clip, I guess that could be considered a bonehead play.

In the case of Keap taking a stupid sack on the screen, that's a legacy issue.

Either way, I agree with you that very few games are perfect, that being said, if nobody talks about what can get better, it won't get better.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »