Home

NBA Live 16 Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16 Hands-On Preview within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2015, 08:53 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
NBA Live 16 Hands-On Preview

When a game starts from the bottom like NBA Live did two years ago, it's easy to say it's improving year over year because it's hard to really fall any further. At the same time, on some level it might be fair to say "it's easier to go from bad to average than average to great." Still, right now as I take a step back and look at what NBA Live 16 is trying to pull off this year, it finally brings about a level of excitement that has not existed with the franchise in many years.

However, this is not me saying "LIVE IS BACK!" or "WATCH OUT NBA 2K!" This is not a hype piece, but rather me saying it feels like Live is finally moving forward. The development team is adding and improving NBA Live now rather than just simply trying to create a functioning basketball game.

So with that in mind, after the jump I'll share my thoughts after playing six full games of NBA Live 16.

Read More - NBA Live 16 Hands-On Preview
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2015, 10:00 PM   #2
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Great read! Overall encouraging stuff from EA.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:02 PM   #3
Rookie

Vic Viper's Arena

OVR: 0
I love this insight. It's definitely what I want to hear, but I also want to see this in action for myself. Can't wait to get my hands on the sticks and I hope LIVE is Back for good.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:17 PM   #4
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I'm hoping for in-game saves.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:22 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 30
Good stuff here. The demo for 15 wasn't strong enough to make me buy the full game when I already have 2K15 but it showed promise. The 16 demo, which I assume there will be one, I'll be waiting for in earnest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2015, 10:23 PM   #6
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Great write-up. I'm looking forward to a deeper post game, and the dribble hand-offs are going to be a lot of fun. They've absolutely been moving the series in the right direction since they came back, and this year seems no different.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:44 PM   #7
Pro

Re: NBA Live 16 Hands-On Preview

This is the 1000% key.....IF they add authentic playbooks and IF teams are differentiated, this game will be really good as the base is there.

If not...it is going to be generic and get old really quick.

WTF has said aunthentic playbooks WILL be in. If so, I will be buying it day one.

Quote:
The development team is promising to really improve and add unique sets to the game. In the demo, playbooks were not turned on, so the Warriors just had one basic set where Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes would more or less come off a series of baseline screens and down screens. On the other end, Cleveland was built more around JR Smith moving off the ball and LeBron trying to get a dribble handoff of sorts. Even in this limited state, there was enough you could do with these basic sets to create some interesting halfcourt moments, but the real hope is that teams will actually feel different on the court when the game is released.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:59 AM   #8
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2
Why is Chase Becotte an ex-EA Sports employee writing these articles on an EA Sports tittle? Not saying he isn't qualified just saying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »