Home

MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore Announced, Coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4

This is a discussion on MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore Announced, Coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2015, 01:57 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore Announced, Coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4

Nordic Games has announced MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore is coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in late 2015. It is currently available on Steam, as an early access game. The game will feature more than 30 tracks, more than 60 official riders, multiple game modes, online multiplayer events with up to 12 players and more. Players will be able to customize their rider with brand new 2015 apparel items, new graphic kits and performance parts from more than 80 licensed motocross companies.

Check out some of the new screenshots here, along with more details about the game, on the official website.

Overview
Rip, jump and scrub your way on more than 30 tracks and try to cross the finish line first against more than 60 official riders to attain all that motocross glory. Choose between bikes or ATVs, multiple game modes including Career, Single races, Free Ride, and online multiplayer events with up to 12 players. Perform amazing tricks to impress your fans or just "whip" over jumps to finish the race first. Customize your rider with items from numerous licensed motocross companies to kick up dirt and dust on your way to victory.

Features:
  • Over 30 Tracks – Including challenging Supercross tracks and bonus outdoor tracks from MX vs. ATV Alive
  • Updated high-res textures and models
  • More than 80 licensed motocross companies in the game to ensure authenticity
  • Brand new 2015 apparel and graphics kits.
  • Multiplayer with up to 12 players
  • Split screen mode for 2 local players
  • Free Ride mode for racing without boundaries
Exclusive content for MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore (current gen) when compared with MX vs. ATV Supercross (PS3/X360), released in October 2014:
  • 12 Outdoor Nationals tracks from MX vs. ATV Alive
  • 2 Open World environments from MX vs. ATV Alive
  • Free Ride – Explore the world by yourself or with your friends online.
  • Waypoint – A fan favorite available for the first time with the Alive environments. Find the quickest path to reach all of the gates before your competition does.
  • Brand new and updated 2015 apparel, licensed from top Motocross companies
New content (non-exclusive):
  • 5 Rhythm Racing tracks - A new game mode and first for the MX vs. ATV series. Drag race your friends down straightened out Supercross dirt tracks filled with obstacles and jumps. Practice your Rhythm Racing by yourself in single player or take on your friends online and with split screen racing.
Updated content:
  • Updated high-res rider models, bikes, and track textures which are rendered in true HD
  • The entire audio system has been re-mastered which includes adding in for the first time 3D positional and new environmental effects. This new audio results in a more clear and immersive high definition experience for the player.
  • Smoother online play
  • Introducing a tutorial section explaining controls and pro tips offering guidance for newcomers to the series.
  • New UI elements with an improved flow
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2015, 03:45 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore Announced, Coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4

Dont have high hopes for this one.

I will probably give it a chance though.

Seems like the same old game with a few more things thrown in.

MXGP got the formula correct...real riders and real tracks.

I see it says real riders so that's a start.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:20 PM   #3
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore Announced, Coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richzilla
Dont have high hopes for this one.

I will probably give it a chance though.

Seems like the same old game with a few more things thrown in.

MXGP got the formula correct...real riders and real tracks.

I see it says real riders so that's a start.
I agree, it's pretty much the same game with some long overdue updates and some upconverting for the new system hardware along with slapping in content from Alive.
I look at it as them selling Supercross and Alive to us all over again instead of working with MS to offer backwards compatibility in XB1's case. I might consider it if/when I can find it for a discount (when I upgrade).

Edit: heck, that's true in PS4's case too. No backwards compatibility but they're still reselling two old games with some updates.

Last edited by ILuvMN81; 06-25-2015 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:32 AM   #4
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I'll probably check it out. I'll be going in expecting to be let down. It will be hard to match the greatness of MXGP. I hope they can come close.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:00 AM   #5
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

They used to make some fun ATV games back in the day. My Dad and I used to play ATV Off Road Fury 3 back in the PS2 days. I wish they'd make a game as fun as that was.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2015, 04:37 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I hope it was as fun as the ps2 ones. I remember playing that allday. I did have some fun on xbox 360 tho with mx vs atv alive with friends at my house

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2015, 10:12 AM   #7
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

OVR: 3

My hopes are high but my expectations aren't. That said, I've been looking forward to a next gen motocross game for a long while.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »