Home

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Implements Slam Mechanic, Pre-Order Bonuses & More Revealed

This is a discussion on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Implements Slam Mechanic, Pre-Order Bonuses & More Revealed within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2015, 04:36 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Implements Slam Mechanic, Pre-Order Bonuses & More Revealed

During a recent behind the scenes video, the developers behind Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 explained the new Slam mechanic that was added to the game. Basically, while you are in the air, you can hit the Slam button and instantly slam onto various surfaces to grind on.

Online multiplayer details were also revealed in the latest blog. Up to 20 players at once can join online skate sessions with friends or with other players around the world. Gamers can complete missions to unlock new content and level up, whether online or offline. Custom skateparks can be created and shared throughout the community.

For those of you looking for pre-order bonuses, check them out below.

Pre-order Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 from Amazon on Xbox One or PlayStation 4 and deck out one of your in-game skaters with the exclusive Hawk Skull Board. Board will be available for use in all levels and game modes and contains an exclusive graphic and effects trail.

Pre-order Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 from GameStop on Xbox One or PlayStation 4 and receive the GameStop Exclusive Totally Rad 80's Pack!

Pack includes:
  • 80's Tony Hawk Character Skin
  • 80's Inspired Birdhouse Board
  • Tony Hawk's Anti-Gravity Board
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 ships on September 29 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, while the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions will ship later in the year.
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2015, 03:04 AM   #2
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0
while i never play these skater games, im just concerned more about the graphics, it seems its really behind in terms of graphics quality that is on next-gen games.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:54 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Implements Slam Mechanic, Pre-Order Bonuses & More Revea

I'm not really as excited as I was before.

I'm okay with arcade style elements and visuals, but the game looks like it's just a little fast for my taste. I'm also not that enthusiastic about that "slap" feature they mentioned in the video. Pressing a button and instantly dropping or elevating to a surface and grinding.. meh.

The **** going on with the board being on fire and such looks dumb.

Last edited by AUChase; 06-26-2015 at 03:57 AM.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:15 AM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0
Don't make another tony hawk make another SKATE for next gen

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »