Home

NBA Live 16: Breaking Down What We Know, What to Look For (Video)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16: Breaking Down What We Know, What to Look For (Video) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2015, 11:51 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA Live 16: Breaking Down What We Know, What to Look For (Video)

OS Executive Editor Chris Sanner chats with OS Senior Editor Chase Becotte about NBA Live 16, breaking down what we know so far. We discuss Chase's experiences with Live 16 on the E3 show floor, and we talk about what NBA Live 16 must do to earn 'must buy' status when it releases in late September.

Check out the video and leave a comment!
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2015, 02:14 PM   #2
Pro

HoosierDaddy's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA Live 16: Breaking Down What We Know, What to Look For (Video)

The quick first step trigger has piqued my interest. That's something I've always felt was lacking in a basketball game. Hopefully they nail that aspect of the gameplay.

On a negative note - I sure hope the paint/rim game get fine-tuned prior to launch. That could seriously be a deal breaker for many.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:22 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
The simple fact that OS is spending this much time covering NBA Live 16 is a tribute to the advancement of the Live series itself as it's actually worth writing about now.

With that said, as mentioned by pretty much everyone that played the E3 demo, the post-game is what needs the most polishing up. Being cautiously optimistic, I think they do have enough time to polish it between now and September. I for one am looking forward to the EA Access release of the game and the first thing I will do is check if the post-game has in fact improved.

I'm with HoosierDaddy up there, if it's not fine-tuned, it will be a deal breaker for me for sure.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:07 PM   #4
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Snow
The simple fact that OS is spending this much time covering NBA Live 16 is a tribute to the advancement of the Live series itself as it's actually worth writing about now.

With that said, as mentioned by pretty much everyone that played the E3 demo, the post-game is what needs the most polishing up. Being cautiously optimistic, I think they do have enough time to polish it between now and September. I for one am looking forward to the EA Access release of the game and the first thing I will do is check if the post-game has in fact improved.

I'm with HoosierDaddy up there, if it's not fine-tuned, it will be a deal breaker for me for sure.
No they are spending time on it because it is the only basketball game that has released gameplay, luckily the footage has been positive but they would have spent just as much time if it was not.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:30 PM   #5
Rookie

BSchwartz07's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Snow

They covered the last two NBA Live games pretty extensively right up until they came out... usually once people play EA games they don't want to bring up the topic again, buyers remorse and all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2015, 06:54 PM   #6
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

The efforts made so far to legitimize nba live as a competitor is remarkable...i for one am grateful to see live progress to a product of interest once again.

Release date is still some ways away and am trying to remain optimistic regarding that time as enough room to polish the nuisances and balance the expected experience of what is becoming a relevant again IP
Old 06-29-2015, 08:58 PM   #7
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3

This is the first time they've stuck to a 3 year plan, I don't have HIGH hopes (that this game will be AMAZING), I do believe the game will be more of the same from previous years, just more polished, added animations (which is fine IMO), but at the same time being a Live guy my whole life, I think it's about time they've got this game to play like actual basketball. Players move like actual basketball players, stuff like that. I loved playing 09, but I've always wished the game play was fluid. It was always one (graphics) or the other (game play) that was the focus, never both. I think once they get all the clunkyness out of Live, everybody will be happy. Also a ton of modes

Last edited by ThaLiveKing; 06-29-2015 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:33 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
This is the first time they've stuck to a 3 year plan, I don't have HIGH hopes (that this game will be AMAZING), I do believe the game will be more of the same from previous years, just more polished, added animations (which is fine IMO), but at the same time being a Live guy my whole life, I think it's about time they've got this game to play like actual basketball. Players move like actual basketball players, stuff like that. I loved playing 09, but I've always wished the game play was fluid. It was always one (graphics) or the other (game play) that was the focus, never both. I think once they get all the clunkyness out of Live, everybody will be happy. Also a ton of modes
I'm with you bro. I've learned to lower my expectations but at the same time, I still really want the post-game of all things to be improved the most especially when I play 2K and it just blows Live out the water. I heard 2K added 32 new backdown animations. I'm like damn, Live will never catch up lol!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »