Home

FIFA 16 No Touch Dribbling Details and Video

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 No Touch Dribbling Details and Video within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2015, 11:01 AM   #1
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29
FIFA 16 No Touch Dribbling Details and Video

EA Sports posted a new FIFA 16 video today, talking about the no touch dribbling gameplay feature. The video features Lionel Messi talking about how he does it in the real sport and how FIFA mimics his actions in the game.

A new blog was also released with more details, including how to initiate it. Every player will be able to perform no touch dribbles. Players with high dribbling and skill move star ratings will be more effective and it will also play a role in which moves are available in their arsenal.
  • What is No Touch Dribbling?

No Touch Dribbling is our new dribble control system that gives players the freedom to decide how and when to touch the ball. By separating and creating space between the player and the ball, you will be able to perform different skill moves, feints, or even change direction without actually applying contact to the ball.

• How to initiate and use No Touch Dribbling in FIFA 16.

To trigger No Touch Dribbling, simply press and hold the L1/LB button on your controller. Once pressed, the player with possession of the ball will momentarily step away from it to create a bit of space. From there, by flicking the left analog in different angles, the player in possession of the ball will either shift his body in that particular direction or twist his ankle in the hopes of tricking the defender. If timed correctly, it can easily misdirect the defender into going one way while the player with the ball goes the other.

More complex moves can be performed by additionally pressing and holding the R2/RT button. In these situations, the player with the ball will take larger strides away from it. Although there is a risk when attempting these, if pulled off correctly they can absolutely embarrass a defender.

• Which players can perform No Touch Dribbling?

In FIFA 16, every player on the pitch can perform the no touch dribble. However, based on the player's dribbling rating and skill move star rating, it will be more or less effective. Meaning players like Lionel Messi or Juan Cuadrado will be able to pull off moves that other players may not. When playing FIFA 16 for the first time, make sure to spend a few minutes in the practice area to get familiar with No Touch Dribbling.
Be sure to check out the video and also the E3 trailer from FIFA 16.
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2015, 11:22 AM   #2
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
But will messi be the only player with tattoos?
Old 06-30-2015, 01:00 PM   #3
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: FIFA 16 No Touch Dribbling Details and Video

Just added some more details from the new blog to the post.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-30-2015, 02:23 PM   #4
Rookie

Back in my day there was like 4 buttons you had to play fifa (or sports in general) I feel badish for a kid that starts playing a game like this when they are 6. So many things to learn and implement. No wonder CoD is a fan favorite. So simple
Old 06-30-2015, 03:05 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

I love this new feature. I was watching the UEFA League final and saw a lot of these types of moves and was playing FIFA lately and trying to do these moves and obviously wasn't working because it's not in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2015, 03:08 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hope it works.

On a side note was just watching a twitch feed of FUT. Threw up in my mouth a lil bit -- pace was like NBA Jam
Old 06-30-2015, 06:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smegmaz
Hope it works.

On a side note was just watching a twitch feed of FUT. Threw up in my mouth a lil bit -- pace was like NBA Jam
You saw what, where? link?
Old 06-30-2015, 06:29 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
Back in my day there was like 4 buttons you had to play fifa (or sports in general) I feel badish for a kid that starts playing a game like this when they are 6. So many things to learn and implement. No wonder CoD is a fan favorite. So simple
You can still setup your controller for the basic 4-buttons and play the game simplistically (just go to your controller configuration)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »