Home

NBA 2K16 Features Body Scans for More Player Authenticity

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Features Body Scans for More Player Authenticity within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2015, 04:08 PM   #9
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA 2K16 Features Body Scans for More Player Authenticity

I just hope they tie Body Mass into authentic Physics.

And scanning body types should have some impact on rebounding.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:10 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
I want the body type ala Boris Diaw
Old 07-01-2015, 04:14 PM   #11
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
And this my friends is the result of competition

Last edited by PRAY IV M3RCY; 07-01-2015 at 04:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2015, 04:18 PM   #12
MVP

This is awesome & long overdue! I know the scanning technology hasn't been around that long but this is great news! Hopefully no more skinny arms for players that should be buff (Blake Griffin, Serge Ibaka, James Harden, etc...) I have a feeling 2k16 is going to blow us away! Now just give me proper foot planting, eliminate players sliding into position when receiving passes, the ability to break out of any animation & I'm a happy camper
Old 07-01-2015, 04:19 PM   #13
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

Anything that relates to improved player models is a major plus for me. I just need to hear what this big thing Wang is working on for gameplay.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:20 PM   #14
Just started!

Westbrook is signed on to live so I don't know if they got him scanned but he needs it because he looks nothing like his real life counter part. but I hope finally accurate detailed wing spans and hand length is in the game.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:24 PM   #15
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
This is awesome & long overdue! I know the scanning technology hasn't been around that long but this is great news! Hopefully no more skinny arms for players that should be buff (Blake Griffin, Serge Ibaka, James Harden, etc...) I have a feeling 2k16 is going to blow us away! Now just give me proper foot planting, eliminate players sliding into position when receiving passes, the ability to break out of any animation & I'm a happy camper
I think being able to break out of any animation is a bit unrealistic. While I do agree there should be SOME animation we should break out of if need be, I would challenge you to go out on the basketball court and try and break out of your movements at any point you wanted to. I garantee you will find it difficult to control your body as much as you would like. It is a video game at the end of the day but I'm going to appreciate the developers that don't sacrifice realism for user control like other companies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2015, 04:46 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
I think being able to break out of any animation is a bit unrealistic. While I do agree there should be SOME animation we should break out of if need be, I would challenge you to go out on the basketball court and try and break out of your movements at any point you wanted to. I garantee you will find it difficult to control your body as much as you would like. It is a video game at the end of the day but I'm going to appreciate the developers that don't sacrifice realism for user control like other companies.
Yeah I hear you. It's just 2K can be too animation heavy at times. They need to find a balance where I don't feel like the control is taken completely out of my hands at times while maintaining that smoothness or realism that you're referring to. I know It's easier said then done but if any company can pull it off it's 2K.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »