Home

NBA Live 16 Features Improved Lighting and Visuals - New Screenshots

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16 Features Improved Lighting and Visuals - New Screenshots within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2015, 06:00 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 16 Features Improved Lighting and Visuals - New Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

The NBA Live 16 team posted a new blog today detailing the improved lighting and visuals in the game. As seen in the screenshots, the improvements are very noticeable. Not only are player faces scanned, they have also scanned jerseys, shoes, socks, environments and much more.

While it's great to see more player faces in the game, the team has also added many facial expressions. Whether the player is happy, upset, excited or maybe showing off the occasional mean mug, it will be on display without the zombie look in their eyes.

The lighting system has been completely overhauled, thanks to color corrections made across the board on nearly every asset in the game. They have also improved the jersey colors, skin tones and sweat effects. More details on the improved lighting and visuals are scheduled to arrive in the coming weeks.

SOURCE - EA Sports
It looks like along with the new Clippers jerseys, they seemed to have given Chris Paul a more accurate face than what he looked like in the trailer from e3. Great to see such terrific progression. Looking forward to gamescom next week
Old 07-02-2015, 06:14 PM   #18
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3

Kind of looks like they added extra sharpness to the pictures, but I'm loving them. Kobe last year's face pissed me off lol, he looks a lot better now!!!

Nick Young looks like he's getting good ..... nvm LOL
Old 07-02-2015, 06:34 PM   #19
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

If this game can play and animate as well as it looks the competition better be ready.....
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:48 PM   #20
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

These look awesomely amazing.

One question though, are those 'gold' (yellow) jerseys of the Lakers, Cavs etc. the correct tone? Are they too much orange and not bright enough yellow? Also, in previous screenshots, the Warriors blue is waaay too light, it approaches Carolina blue when it should be a deeper, royal blue ...
Old 07-02-2015, 07:56 PM   #21
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

With the amount detail Live puts into these players I really hope it's as noticeable during actual game play....Madden seems to suffer from the same thing...it's like once the game starts moving the graphics don't shine they do in replays and pictures....

The lighting is always amazing though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2015, 08:20 PM   #22
Rookie

So glad that Live is finally going away from the "cartoon" player models. The difference between Live 15 and 16 is amazing. Might finally buy Live for the first time this year, will wait until I see what it looks like in motion and how it plays.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:47 PM   #23
Rookie

I'm really liking the fit of the jerseys this year, esp around the neck(collar?) area. Look at that pic of Nick Young last year compared to the new one, the collar looks and fits so much better. It was def a pet peeve of mine last year.

Can't wait to see the sleeved jerseys, I'm feeling quite good that they updated those as well. Last year's sucked.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:56 PM   #24
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Check out @EASPORTSNBA's Tweet: https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNBA/stat...662646272?s=09

Another look at Kobe

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »