Home

Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Cover Athlete For WWE 2K16

This is a discussion on Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Cover Athlete For WWE 2K16 within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2015, 08:38 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

The cover athlete for WWE 2K16 was scheduled to be revealed during RAW tonight, but it has been leaked out by various outlets. The official press release was posted on the WWE website shortly after the news hit the Internet.

Read the official press release below and check out the WWE 2K16 cover announcement video here.

"Gimme a Hell Yeah": 2K Announces Stone Cold Steve Austin as WWE 2K16 Cover Superstar

WWE Hall of Famer, film and television personality, producer and podcasting innovator set to inject Texas-sized attitude in flagship WWE video game franchise

2K today announced WWE Hall of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin® as the cover Superstar for WWE® 2K16, the forthcoming release in the flagship WWE franchise. After setting the WWE Universe on fire during one of WWE’s most celebrated time periods – the “Attitude Era” – to his wealth of television, film and podcasting accomplishments, Austin has amassed worldwide admiration through his unequivocal presence both in and out of the WWE ring. WWE 2K16 is currently in development for Xbox One and Xbox 360, as well as the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems. The game is scheduled for release on October 27, 2015 in North America and October 30, 2015 internationally.

"I’ve had the privilege of working with 2K to support the WWE 2K franchise, and now I’m absolutely honored to serve as the WWE 2K16 cover Superstar,” said Stone Cold Steve Austin. “No disrespect to the previous and extremely deserving WWE 2K cover Superstars – Dwayne ‘The Rock®’ Johnson and John Cena® – but it’s about time the franchise raised some hell with yours truly on the cover. I look forward to injecting a dose of ‘Texas Rattlesnake’ into this year’s game and overall campaign."

Austin is regarded by many as one of the most popular WWE Superstars to ever enter a WWE ring, holding 21 championships throughout his career and being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2009. His relentless work ethic has also made him a significant mainstream fixture and pop-culture icon as an actor, producer and host in television, film and podcasting. Austin hosted the return of WWE’s reality competition series Tough Enough on USA Network in 2011, and since 2012 has hosted four seasons of Redneck Island on CMT. He also serves as the host of Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Challenge, which is currently in production for its third season on CMT. His film credits include appearances in several feature films, including The Longest Yard, The Condemned and The Expendables, while his no-holds-barred weekly podcast, The Steve Austin Show, regularly appears on the Top Podcasts list within the Sports & Recreation category on iTunes. He also hosts the Stone Cold Podcast, Live!, a monthly interview series on the award-winning WWE Network, where he has interviewed several special guests including Vince McMahon, Triple H and Paul Heyman. In addition, Austin is a brand ambassador for Kawasaki Motors Corp., USA.

“Stone Cold Steve Austin’s iconic style, unmistakable personality and worldwide reverence from the WWE Universe make him the ideal fit for WWE 2K16,” said Chris Snyder, Vice President of Marketing at 2K. “Not only will Austin grace the video game’s cover, but he’s involved in shaping its creative direction. Through his numerous contributions, inclusion on the largest roster in franchise history and the game’s to-be-announced features, WWE 2K16 is certain to put everyone on notice.”

Developed collaboratively by Yuke’s and Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, WWE 2K16 is not yet rated by the ESRB. WWE 2K16 is currently scheduled for release on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4™ and PS3™ on October 27, 2015 in North America and October 30, 2015 internationally.
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 07-06-2015 at 09:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2015, 08:40 AM   #2
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Personally loved the Attitude Era and love this decision. Very excited for this.

Wonder if that means he will be on Raw or he couldn't make it tonight so they announced early.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

Last edited by Aggies7; 07-06-2015 at 08:41 AM. Reason: edit
Old 07-06-2015, 09:17 AM   #3
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Cover Athlete For WWE 2K16

Oh hell yeah!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2015, 09:26 AM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Assuming that the cover is indicative of a Stone Cold focused gameplay mode, I'm a little disappointed, to be honest.

Eventually they're going to run out of history to fall back upon and have to rely on the current wrestlers to sell the game.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:27 AM   #5
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Assuming that the cover is indicative of a Stone Cold focused gameplay mode, I'm a little disappointed, to be honest.

Eventually they're going to run out of history to fall back upon and have to rely on the current wrestlers to sell the game.
Very true. Brock would have been a great choice.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2015, 09:29 AM   #6
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Just added the press release.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-06-2015, 09:38 AM   #7
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

I see and respect your point. They are going to run out of history to fall back on. In my opinion they are very close to being to that point.

But still for a guy that couldn't get enough Stone Cold promos/matches back then this is very exciting.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 07-06-2015, 09:48 AM   #8
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Love the trailer. I'm cool with the cover athlete. I think they're gearing up for an Austin/Lesnar WM32.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »