Home

Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Cover Athlete For WWE 2K16

This is a discussion on Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Cover Athlete For WWE 2K16 within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2015, 10:04 AM   #9
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Cover Athlete For WWE 2K16

I don't see the issue personally. Make a game with attitude era stars and I'll buy it every year. Release it with bare minimum to none, I'll never buy.

I could care less about the showcases Etc. It's all about the roster and universe to me.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:25 AM   #10
Rookie

Agatorfan's Arena

OVR: 0
We need a ruthless aggression mode. No attitude era. It would be fairly hard though because of the impact benoit made in the era but it will still be pretty cool though
Old 07-06-2015, 10:26 AM   #11
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I don't see the issue personally. Make a game with attitude era stars and I'll buy it every year. Release it with bare minimum to none, I'll never buy.
The issue for me is that I care more about replicating what I see on TV today rather than repeatedly treading over old ground. Let me create my own moments with the current guys rather than replay - or let's be honest: rather than watch in cinematic cutscenes given how Showcase mode generally works - old ones. To that end, I expect that a fair amount of time went into Showcase mode for Austin's campaign, which is resources that subsequently can't be used for, say, expanding Universe mode or fleshing out MyCareer.

I'm probably in the minority on this one because I'm not really beholden to nostalgia, whereas a lot of wrestling's "IWC" audience is very much in that boat. I mean that not as a fault - not at all - but rather just an observation. The usual old-timer suspects like Shawn Michaels, The Rock, Undertaker, and Steve Austin, I want to see in there, sure. The Attitude Era mid card, like Val Venis, X-Pac, Godfather, Ken Shamrock, or whoever else? Not really moving the needle for me anymore.

That teaser trailer is pretty bad-***, though, I will admit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2015, 10:26 AM   #12
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatorfan
We need a ruthless aggression mode. No attitude era. It would be fairly hard though because of the impact ****** made in the era but it will still be pretty cool though
Shhhhhhh.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2015, 10:29 AM   #13
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Assuming that the cover is indicative of a Stone Cold focused gameplay mode, I'm a little disappointed, to be honest.

Eventually they're going to run out of history to fall back upon and have to rely on the current wrestlers to sell the game.
This! If anything, there should be a mode focusing on history, and a normal story mode. I also hope they've put in a loy work into the career mode.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:33 AM   #14
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

Quote:
The issue for me is that I care more about replicating what I see on TV today rather than repeatedly treading over old ground. Let me create my own moments with the current guys rather than replay - or let's be honest: rather than watch in cinematic cutscenes given how Showcase mode generally works - old ones. To that end, I expect that a fair amount of time went into Showcase mode for Austin's campaign, which is resources that subsequently can't be used for, say, expanding Universe mode or fleshing out MyCareer.

I'm probably in the minority on this one because I'm not really beholden to nostalgia, whereas a lot of wrestling's "IWC" audience is very much in that boat. I mean that not as a fault - not at all - but rather just an observation. The usual old-timer suspects like Shawn Michaels, The Rock, Undertaker, and Steve Austin, I want to see in there, sure. The Attitude Era mid card, like Val Venis, X-Pac, Godfather, Ken Shamrock, or whoever else? Not really moving the needle for me anymore.

I completely agree with you. I want a full current roster before a large old roster. I post my Universe on here and like the same thing you said with making my own moments for current superstars. If they continue to rely old guys it because the same game over and over because its old people.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 07-06-2015, 11:01 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Assuming that the cover is indicative of a Stone Cold focused gameplay mode, I'm a little disappointed, to be honest.

Eventually they're going to run out of history to fall back upon and have to rely on the current wrestlers to sell the game.
Idk about that, wrestling has been around for a long time, so there's plenty of storylines to pick from. I think as people we tend to think things start and end from the time we consume it to the time we're done with it.

Next year they could focus on a tag team. Then the year after, since they own wcw archive and ecw I believe, they could go into that bag and feature some of those crazy matches promoting different match types that never been seen by some on the wwf/wwe. There's so much for them to dig into that they can give you like 10 historic wrestling storylines a year while new storylines are being created to be used years later. And even if they run out they could just take it away, focus on the current stars, then feature it a few years later like its new again lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2015, 11:09 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:

I'm sure 2k is gonna give you a my player mode. There way to create story with in sport is what sets their sports brand aside from the other brands. Idk if it'll be this year or if they had it last year but I'm sure if they could do it with basketball they can and will do it with wrestling. I just think they like to deliver on gameplay before they focus on such a deep game mode. They will deliver a campaign like never before in a wrestling game. And if they can get the gameplay right I think they can make wrestling games more mainstream for those who don't even watch wrestling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »