Home

FIFA 16 Cover Revealed, FIFA 16 Ultimate Team Legends Exclusive to Xbox Again

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Cover Revealed, FIFA 16 Ultimate Team Legends Exclusive to Xbox Again within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2015, 06:22 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA 16 Cover Revealed, FIFA 16 Ultimate Team Legends Exclusive to Xbox Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaafootball14markus
in all seriousness....how can you dislike a player that is in the apex of greatness as a performer in the sport?

please explain... i swear you won't have a logical explanation.

Not sure if you're being serious or not but everyone can like or dislike whoever they want, whether it be a player or a team. It's their right. I took in a match at a Manchester United pub 2 or 3 years ago when Milan was playing Barca in the CL. The Messi sucks chants in the pub during the game were thundering loud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2015, 07:05 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 Cover Revealed, FIFA 16 Ultimate Team Legends Exclusive to Xbox Again

Quote:
if you watch the EPL, then you MUST watch Champions League. If you watch Champions League, then you, by default watch(ed) every single British team get smacked upside their heads by La Liga, La Ligue, and Serie A. You must've seen Manchester City get tossed around by Barcelona, and therefore saw Messi. So, I'm not understanding this argument.

Oh, and Messi is not a striker.

It's NOT an argument, it's my explanation.

I reposted my comment for you to read seeing as you clearly didn't read it in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmutat17
Dude, what's your problem? I never said I 'disliked' Messi, I have nothing against him. I just said I'm not a huge fan. I like him and I think he's the best striker in the world, but I've only seen Messi's play in highlights on YouTube and TSN; so you can sort of understand the bias.

I pretty much only watch British Football, so you can kind of see where I'm coming at. I don't watch the Spanish Leagues or the Italian leagues because it's a different kind of football, one I'm not too keen on watching. That's my 'logical explanation'.

Last edited by cmutat17; 07-05-2015 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:53 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmutat17
It's NOT an argument, it's my explanation.

I reposted my comment for you to read seeing as you clearly didn't read it in the first place.
No I read it clearly. Obviously you're not understanding what I'm suggesting, which is that if you watch British soccer, you then watch Champions League. It's not rocket science.

OH WAIT, I SEE, so you only watch Arsenal when they play in the EPL, but turn off the television when they face Borussia Dortmund. LOL, righttt!

and if you don't even WATCH messi play (since you clearly only watch EPL), then why do you have an opinion? is there any sound basis on disliking someone you never even watch?!? this proves my point (and my ONLY point)... there's no rationale behind it. now if you want to dislike him because his nose is big w/e..that's fine...but it has nothing to do with his playing ability, and you can't deny that, because clearly, "you don't watch him play".

Last edited by ncaafootball14markus; 07-06-2015 at 01:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2015, 08:13 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
lol performance enhancers? gimme a break. you're telling me his level of skill is due to performance enhancement drugs? i get really tired of people making this claim anytime someone is great at a sport. as far as his "tax dodging", what the heck does that have to do w/ his greatness on the pitch?!?
The Spanish government destroyed blood bags from Barcelona players, Rafael Nadal etc shortly before the European anti doping agency wanted samples. He's a great player and probably the greatest but he's still used PEDs. No question. It's whether he did it knowingly or not.

And of course that affects people's opinion of him on the pitch. If somebody kills people at night but plays football by day people are gonna dislike him. The only difference is dodging tax affects more people than murder.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:15 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
No I read it clearly. Obviously you're not understanding what I'm suggesting, which is that if you watch British soccer, you then watch Champions League. It's not rocket science.

OH WAIT, I SEE, so you only watch Arsenal when they play in the EPL, but turn off the television when they face Borussia Dortmund. LOL, righttt!

and if you don't even WATCH messi play (since you clearly only watch EPL), then why do you have an opinion? is there any sound basis on disliking someone you never even watch?!? this proves my point (and my ONLY point)... there's no rationale behind it. now if you want to dislike him because his nose is big w/e..that's fine...but it has nothing to do with his playing ability, and you can't deny that, because clearly, "you don't watch him play".
Somehow you still don't get it. He doesn't dislike Messi and he never said that.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:15 AM   #14
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

Quote:
in all seriousness....how can you dislike a player that is in the apex of greatness as a performer in the sport?

please explain... i swear you won't have a logical explanation.
I dislike Lebron James, that doesn't mean I don't respect his game. I dislike Messi because of his personality. Doesn't mean I don't rate him as one of the greatest players of all time.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:40 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
I dislike Lebron James, that doesn't mean I don't respect his game. I dislike Messi because of his personality. Doesn't mean I don't rate him as one of the greatest players of all time.
Yea I hate Ronaldo...absolutely despise him. And all other arrogant *******s like Lebron James. But I still respect that they are top players in their sports and if they played for my team I would root for them to succeed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2015, 10:59 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:

You are clearly not reading my posts, so I'm going to say this for the last time. I DO NOT DISLIKE LIONEL MESSI. Please go through my posts again and tell me where I said I disliked him. I have mad respect for the guy.

Please, take your warped and misinformed opinions somewhere else because no one wants to listen to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul21694
Somehow you still don't get it. He doesn't dislike Messi and he never said that.

Thank you for helping me out, but I don't think this guy understands.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »