Home

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Trailer - Golf Without Limits

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Trailer - Golf Without Limits within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2015, 07:30 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Trailer - Golf Without Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I don't have any issue with a course not being a real life course that we see on TV.

A few years ago they had a real nice "fantasy" course located in Japan. Don't remember the exact name but I think it had the word Dragon in it. I think it was a little longer than what you get in a PGA course but with the way the game was designed then it was okay.

I would actually welcome fictional courses as long as they actually look like golf courses. I just wish they would go that route rather than the crazy Lord of the Rings looking courses.

Emerald dragon is the name and I remember it well, kicked the crap out of me. I think the fantasy courses will be similar in challenge with RM PGA tour, at least hoping so.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:44 PM   #18
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
you guys realize they are trying to cater to everyone right? They have courses and settings for the hard core sim guys, they have the classic mode for people who just want to relax and shoot -18 every round, and then they have the crazy stuff to appeal to kids and other people who wouldnt even think twice about buying a golf game if it was just a "hardcore sim"
I think everyone gets that. I think the disagreement is surrounding whether that can be effectively executed or not...

Did you ever go to one of those "pan-Asian" restaurants, that have like sushi, chinese food, thai curry, etc. all in one place? While it's all sort of generally acceptable in a lowest-common-denominator kind of way, if you're a real chinese food afficiando or a hard-core sushi connoisseur, you probably aren't going to go to that restaurant. The reason is simple: they don't do any 1 thing particularly well, and if you're really in the mood for top-flight sushi, are you going to "generic pan-Asian restaurant", or are you going to "Masa"?

Last edited by pietasterp; 07-06-2015 at 07:49 PM. Reason: eliminated double-post
Old 07-06-2015, 07:45 PM   #19
Pro

Diablo25's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
you guys realize they are trying to cater to everyone right? They have courses and settings for the hard core sim guys, they have the classic mode for people who just want to relax and shoot -18 every round, and then they have the crazy stuff to appeal to kids and other people who wouldnt even think twice about buying a golf game if it was just a "hardcore sim"
Exactly. Looking forward to Thursday.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:11 PM   #20
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
I don't have any issue with a course not being a real life course that we see on TV.

A few years ago they had a real nice "fantasy" course located in Japan. Don't remember the exact name but I think it had the word Dragon in it. I think it was a little longer than what you get in a PGA course but with the way the game was designed then it was okay.

I would actually welcome fictional courses as long as they actually look like golf courses. I just wish they would go that route rather than the crazy Lord of the Rings looking courses.
I'm interested in the fantasy courses to a point. I'm more annoyed on how they have been marketing this game, which has been horrible imo. It seems they are confused on what this game is supposed to be, a real licensed PGA tour game or a fantasy game like hot shots golf. Honestly if I saw that ad on TV for the first time and knew nothing else on what was in the game, I would've thougt it was a hot shots sequel, but with the PGA tour license.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:02 PM   #21
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17
Everytime I think, I am for sure buying this game next Tuesday, I see a video like this. Sheesh.

I still think I am going to give this game a go but the fantasy stuff wears me out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2015, 09:10 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
Everytime I think, I am for sure buying this game next Tuesday, I see a video like this. Sheesh.

I still think I am going to give this game a go but the fantasy stuff wears me out.
Then ignore it....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 07-06-2015, 09:28 PM   #23
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

Absolutely. I remember that Japan like course. Was it Emerald Dragon maybe? I do agree though, if you're going to give me a fantasy course, at least make it seem like it could be an actual real golf course somewhere. I'm ok with it if it's not real, but I don't want to golf on, or around a battleship either, unless it's mini-golf.

I get the appeal from the EA side though. The amount they invest in this game for licensing of real courses, to build the exact, right down to every hill etc. Then license equipment, brands, etc. etc. It's not cheap. I imagine it's a pretty niche market for golf games. It doesnt seem like it to most of us I bet, because we're all sports gamers here for the most part. To the regular average gamer though, authentic golf doesn't appeal. The authentic side is there to the game, with real courses, and golfers etc to cater to us, but the fun side is there to try and attract other people in. I ge tthe strategy, I can't fault them for it either.

Long story short, I agree. I'm quite alright with fantasy courses. Just make it seem like they could be realistic.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:29 PM   #24
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

As long as we can play a realistic game via settings , at this point I could care less about the fantasy stuff. It's there for those that want it and it does seen like a fun distraction.

As far as the comment that the "other game" is full of fantasy courses.. yes that's true but also with the capability of creating courses like Augusta etc...

Both games have their good and bad and franky any sport that I have options as far as buying I'm all for.

That's what irks me about NFL... I never once bought 1 over the other as I purchased all games. So having the competition , at least from my wallet, never hurt sales of anyone.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »