Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Video - Hole in One on the 17th at TPC Sawgrass

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Video - Hole in One on the 17th at TPC Sawgrass within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2015, 01:43 PM   #17
All Star

OVR: 13
Re: New brief Sawgrass footage from RM15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Okay, I'm convinced this game can be made to do wondrous things in Arcade mode with power boost and post shot spin control, while being depicted in full, follow cam glory. However, the smaller demographic who will play in Tour Pro difficulty using the new "Pro" camera presentation option are still pretty much in the dark about what the game has in store for them...
Couldn't have stated this better. I'd take it a step further and say that I think the past decade has convinced us that EA's game can do the above with the best of them.

I'd be interested to hear what you guys think after you get your hands on this thing for a good long time. I don't think 10 hrs will be enough to really tell anything, though. I think the first month is pretty much the honeymoon period (aka: wow! shiny new toy!), but after that is what separates the men from the boys.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:43 PM   #18
Rookie

Barto's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Video - Hole in One on the 17th at TPC Sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompeo89
Agree with this
It was a WEB.Com event, so perhaps that had something to do with the sparse crowd sizes.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:49 PM   #19
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
I am glad I got EA access to try out game. Then might just wait later to either purchase or wait till it hits EA access later. After all the patches and content updates. We shall see.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:25 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Couldn't have stated this better. I'd take it a step further and say that I think the past decade has convinced us that EA's game can do the above with the best of them.

I'd be interested to hear what you guys think after you get your hands on this thing for a good long time. I don't think 10 hrs will be enough to really tell anything, though. I think the first month is pretty much the honeymoon period (aka: wow! shiny new toy!), but after that is what separates the men from the boys.
This is a good point. I think the thing that will keep us all interested in the game after the honeymoon period will be the content they release to us. If they can keep the game fresh with new golfers who are playing well or new courses that are being played on tour that will be the key. Only time will tell with this one.

I decided to fire up the old PS3 last night and play a few rounds of TW14 and about midway through the third round I just couldn't take it anymore. The load time between holes is just ridiculous.

Also, does anyone know if Gamestop is doing a midnight release? I'm assuming the game isn't big enough but I thought i'd ask if anyones heard anything. Cheers

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »