Home

Madden NFL 16 Skills Trainer To Be Deeper, Gauntlet Mode Returns

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Skills Trainer To Be Deeper, Gauntlet Mode Returns within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2015, 04:10 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 16 Skills Trainer To Be Deeper, Gauntlet Mode Returns

EA Sports is seeking to expand the Madden NFL 16 skills trainer by focusing more on real world positions, responsibilities, and concepts.

New this year will be a base level of knowledge focusing on details about each player position on the field and their role of responsibility. After the player positions breakdown, you will then be taught run, pass, and defensive concepts how they are actually taught to players.

Of course, the new passing, catching, and coverage mechanics will be well covered in the skills trainer as well.

Another cool new addition will be a section within skills trainer which teachers players popular run concepts. In this section, the skills trainer will break down the most popular run concepts such as the inside zone, power, and trap plays. You will be taught where you should run based on how the play is evolving.

Also, Gauntlet Mode is making a return, with extra life challenges being introduced to try to give players an extra life to complete a challenge. Less than 200 players completed all 40 levels of Gauntlet mode last year -- so the team is looking to make that more possible this year.

Be sure to check out the new screenshots for the Madden NFL 16 Skills Trainer here.

What do you think of the new additions of Skills trainer and the return of Gauntlet Mode?

For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, we've highlighted some of them below.For more news and media on the game, check out the Madden NFL 16 page.

Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2015, 04:15 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Madden NFL 16 Skills Trainer Details

Nice to see run concepts included this year.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:31 PM   #3
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 16 Skills Trainer To Be Deeper, Gauntlet Mode Returns

I know it's small but it would be cool if the skills trainer players/practice mode players were dressed in shorts, and qb's in practice had different color shirts.

Old 07-07-2015, 04:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
I think somebody at PR forgot the click a button before leaving the office last week. No presentation news yet, but at least some info on skills trainer
Old 07-07-2015, 04:57 PM   #5
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3

This mode reminded me of one of my favorite past madden features, that was the mini camp game mode, where you had to travel from city to city playing mini games like this. And what's funny is that in madden 04, the players had shorts.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2015, 05:03 PM   #6
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Absolutely love it, teach the game. This should be standard in all sports games. I learned a lot about coverages and concepts and how to beat them last year. I would love to have this be available in our CCM's and allow us to learn deeper concepts of our respective systems. Incorporate it into practice and add back mini camp (with practice gear). I imagine that this could lead to more strategy in online games instead of the chuck and pray gameplay we usually get. .
Old 07-07-2015, 05:07 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Jon
This mode reminded me of one of my favorite past madden features, that was the mini camp game mode, where you had to travel from city to city playing mini games like this. And what's funny is that in madden 04, the players had shorts.

Yeah, the drills themselves were fine but I hated the way you could get permanent rating boosts (rather large ones) by doing well in them - an advantage the CPU teams did not have. Which is why I always skipped them.

Much prefer having them in the front-end like this, and as far away from CFM as possible.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:11 PM   #8
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Hope they fixed the profile glitch so progress will be saved. That's the reason I stopped playing it..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »