Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Video - Male Golfer Creation

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Video - Male Golfer Creation within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2015, 10:14 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Video - Male Golfer Creation

We are posting Rory McIlroy PGA Tour videos all day today on OS, so be sure to check back frequently to see new videos!

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour
gives players a chance to customize a golfer with several options. The first thing you'll do is give your golfer a name and a gender. You then skip into giving yourself a handedness and then you pick your home country, which basically is any that you could think of across the world.

As detailed in an earlier news post, you are then able to pick your entrance to the tour, from a prodigy to a collegiate star to an instructor.

Your golfer character customization allows you to generally edit the head, skin tone, hair style, body, eye color, and hair color. There are options within each to help shape your golfer in an easy to use manner, there's not much 'unstandard' about this.

After you customize your character, you are then able to choose what attribute bonuses you'd like to apply. You can either be balanced, a precision golfer, a power golfer, or a finesse golfer.

If you can't see the video above, click here to view it.

Other Videos Posted Today
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2015, 11:57 PM   #2
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4
Wow. So those Graphics look pretty bad. They remind me of crest a coach in ncaa 14. For the 360. Then on top of that there aren't many options for anything. And you can even edit the face you pick?

I give that create a character a F
Old 07-10-2015, 05:40 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0
I have played the EA Early Access for nearly 7 hours now. I have to say, charter creation for Career Mode is one of the areas I feel the most let down. What happened to the Game Face option of the previous golf games? This seems like the perfect venue to introduce a Next-Gen version of the feature. Instead, we're left with what looks like a very poor scale of customizable options that leave your character looking clay like.

I agree with Kingd803. This area of the game gets a "F".
Old 07-10-2015, 07:59 AM   #4
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Male Golfer Creation (Video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
Wow. So those Graphics look pretty bad. They remind me of crest a coach in ncaa 14. For the 360. Then on top of that there aren't many options for anything. And you can even edit the face you pick?

The graphics look nothing like the 360.. Lol

But I do agree that's pretty crappy customization options.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:16 AM   #5
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Male Golfer Creation (Video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803

Sigh...

The Graphics are not bad. I've played several rounds, and the game looks fantastic.

The create character options, leave a lot to be desired when it comes to your actual character though. You can not edit the face after you pick it. Aside from skin shades, and hair etc.

There are a lot of customization optins for apparel and equipment and such, but of course you start with all the default EA gear, and have to unlock and work your way towards the other stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2015, 12:46 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
Character creation and edit options are poor across all EA sports titles right now. Why does EA hate fun and creativity so much?
Old 07-10-2015, 04:06 PM   #7
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Video - Male Golfer Creation

I created my golfer last night when I got home. Here's my thoughts.
In golf, your character is by far the most important element of the game. We play all modes as a character we've created. We spend years in a career mode playing as this person. You would think that the creation of that character would be the most important aspect of visuals in the game, next to courses.

But what we get is original xbox level of customization. Here are 12 heads. choose one. Here are 12 hair colors, half are neon and wacky. Choose one.
Height? Tall, medium, short? Why not put in my actual height? Build, fat, normal, skinny. Why not my weight and adjust sections?
Why does a game like this not have one of the most in depth character creation tools?

I really want to like this game. I love golf. The last TW I had was the Masters edition and I enjoyed it. There were things that could have used improvement, but I enjoyed it. I get that it's new, and rebuilt. But not having character creation as a major priority is really silly to me.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:08 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Video - Male Golfer Creation

I have this game preordered but after playing this trial I'm beginning to reconsider. EA is the king of stripping features for a next gen sports release.
It sucks because the gameplay is rock solid (more or less)... Reminds me of the first NHL release on XB1/PS4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »