Home

NHL 16 Q&A Update - Gameplay Videos Coming This Month

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Q&A Update - Gameplay Videos Coming This Month within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2015, 11:35 PM   #17
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NHL 16 Q&A Update - Gameplay Videos Coming This Month

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Honestly, why don't they simply draft up a two part Q&A. One for the "hardcore" hockey gurus and the other for your "casual" hockey fans (which is essentially what we got in this particular Q&A). The same should go for the other sports. Because as a completely clueless casual hockey fan, none of the information in this particular Q&A was really of interest at all.

Side Note:

I don't know a thing about the NHL or hockey, other than trying to get the puck into the net. I have no clue when offsides is called.

Anyways, played the NHL15 demo and surprisingly the visuals were fairly nice with the exception of the outline glow surrounding all the players, especially around their faces. Played on "True Broadcast." Purposely slowed the pace down to resemble what I see on TV rather than skate around like a maniac. It was fun especially trying to setup a shot. Breakaways are cool too.

Heavily considered purchasing my first ever EA NHL hockey game come NHL16's release date, but after reading all the problems with this series especially the one where team differentiation is either not present or barely present along with this very generically done Q&A, I'll most likely wait until EA decides to address the real concerns of the simulation hockey community. Never really had a hockey game prior, don't need one now. Maybe until the simulation hockey community gives the product a thumbs up.
Honestly, NHL 16 is going to be a pretty good hockey game, may be the best in a few years.

Just because people have a few mis-givings doesn't make it a bad game.

The biggest one is the difference between players in NHL 15 next gen. Hopefully that's a bit more obvious, so Crosby feels better than Daniel Sedin. Lower rating players do feel different at different skills such as puck handling, checking, passing, and shooting right now, but the main frustrations in NHL 15 were speed differences and dekeing being way to similar.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:24 AM   #18
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
Honestly, NHL 16 is going to be a pretty good hockey game, may be the best in a few years.

The biggest one is the difference between players in NHL 15 next gen. Hopefully that's a bit more obvious, so Crosby feels better than Daniel Sedin. Lower rating players do feel different at different skills such as puck handling, checking, passing, and shooting right now, but the main frustrations in NHL 15 were speed differences and dekeing being way to similar.
I think I've read that it's more about "team separation." Just like in EA's FIFA, either or the majority of the entire CPU controlled teams plays the same. The same tactic, no differentiation.

My other gripe is it was a high scoring affair in the NHL15 demo. Yes, it was probably the default less challenging level but even default should present some type of challenge I would hope. Sure, you're trying to cater to the masses, but 4 to 5 goals in a demo seems quite high.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 07-13-2015 at 12:48 AM.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:18 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDX97
Well, at least they put in jersey number changes. Better late than never. Playing the game with forwards who are number 6 or number 1 can be a bit confusing and lame.
I get the number 1 is usually for goalies (although there have been exceptions) but what's wrong with a forward wearing number 6?
Old 07-13-2015, 12:35 PM   #20
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
I get the number 1 is usually for goalies (although there have been exceptions) but what's wrong with a forward wearing number 6?
Nothing, except that Bobby Ryan is the ONLY forward in the NHL to currently wear it.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:46 PM   #21
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf

I know that in NHL14, there wasn't really much difference between guys like Crosby and someone like Reaves, aside from Crosby maybe having a slightly better chance at my getting him to score a goal, and Reaves being able to run over damn near everything in sight.

My biggest frustration is that they handicapped what little ability we had to affect it. Unless the sliders have suddenly started working well, we'll be stuck having to manually edit our own rosters entirely. The Revamped Rosters did a fair bit to counter the attributes all being so close in the stock game, and between that and sliders it was possible to get some pretty nice gameplay. That said, without the ability to even work around and share rosters, it's going to be pretty rough for people if the sliders don't work again.

I just wish EA could embrace letting the end user control their fate to a greater degree. Stop worrying so much about what will or won't work with some temperamental kids online, and let me actually make my game play the way I want for a change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2015, 01:34 PM   #22
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
There's nothing wrong with it, per se. It's just very uncommon.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:57 PM   #23
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I still remember how odd this felt back in the day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »