Home

FIFA 16 Video - Gameplay Improvements For Defense, Midfield & Attack

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Video - Gameplay Improvements For Defense, Midfield & Attack within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2015, 04:15 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 Video - Gameplay Improvements For Defense, Midfield & Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
Don't know if anybody realized this, but the Bundesliga looked fully licensed. If you look at the scoreboard it looks like the official one of the TV broadcasts for their league. Hopefully this means the 5 major leagues will all be fully licensed!
I think it may just be the Bundesliga and EPL this year. But I haven't watch Ligue 1 or La Liga but the ones in the video look similar to the EA ones from years past but it has the league name on top of it. Also the goalkeeping looks so much better. I am playing 15 on legendary and all goalies seem to react like 1 second or 2 seconds too late. And if they were faster I wouldn't have scored at all.

edit: la liga is at :22 seconds and ligue 1 is at 1:00 minute.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:25 PM   #10
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
Don't know if anybody realized this, but the Bundesliga looked fully licensed. If you look at the scoreboard it looks like the official one of the TV broadcasts for their league. Hopefully this means the 5 major leagues will all be fully licensed!
I'm watching it minimized at work so it's hard to tell, but it looks like they showed some La Liga and Ligue 1 gameplay as well? I have no idea whether they're legit broadcast scoreboards or the standard FIFA fare.

EDIT: NM, redsox is on it.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:43 PM   #11
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I hope the big leagues are fully licensed as well.

Kind of in that vein. The FIFA community manager posted on his twitter that Serie A is in the game (as some had been speculating the license might have been exclusive to PES this year due to no Serie A footage shown in trailers.), but stated he had to take down his tweet as it might interfere with the Italian FIFA marketing team's plans.

I wonder if that might actually hint that Serie A got the "treatment" this year like the BPL last year, and that's the reason why we haven't seen Serie A yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2015, 04:47 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy

Kind of in that vein. The FIFA community manager posted on his twitter that Serie A is in the game (as some had been speculating the license might have been exclusive to PES this year due to no Serie A footage shown in trailers.), but stated he had to take down his tweet as it might interfere with the Italian FIFA marketing team's plans.

I wonder if that might actually hint that Serie A got the "treatment" this year like the BPL last year, and that's the reason why we haven't seen Serie A yet.
Like I said going off this footage it looks like no for Ligue 1 and La Liga because they seem to generic towards EA except the only change is that it tells you what league you are playing in. And I can't say anything about the Bundesliga because I haven't gotten to watch any of those games. Going based off what marketers and game producers should do, if they had the presentations for those they should be showing those off in all of these videos.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:06 PM   #13

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
(as some had been speculating the license might have been exclusive to PES this year due to no Serie A footage shown in trailers.).

People really thought that, lol? I mean, I like PES, and I understand Serie A has fallen on tough times, but Konami can't even get the Scottish Prem at this point.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:15 AM   #14
Rookie

kaptainkev562's Arena

Quote:

I'm FULLY convinced that the serie A will be fully licensed !!!! Whence the reason we see no serie A gameplay …..If so thats so awesome the more leagues the better !!!!
Old 07-17-2015, 03:34 AM   #15
Rookie

kaptainkev562's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainkev562
I'm FULLY convinced that the serie A will be fully licensed !!!! Whence the reason we see no serie A gameplay …..If so thats so awesome the more leagues the better !!!!
Check this out ….http://www.fifa-infinity.com/fifa-16...s-for-fifa-16/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2015, 06:19 PM   #16
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

It's nigh impossible for me to get excited for these marketing videos anymore. They've run out of absurd branding terms at this point and all they've got left is..."MOMENTS OF MAGIC"? Wow.

Few tidbits: if all these gameplay improvements aren't passive, they don't matter. FIFA doesn't need more complicated controls or subtasks for users. It needs baseline solid gameplay improvements. ESPECIALLY tackling. If their fixes to tackling require button combinations, then EA have failed again.

I think attacking is fairly good in FIFA 15 all things considered, but there's never been a worse version of defending in recent memory. They have their work cut out for them. This video didn't give me a ton of confidence one way or another.

Talk is cheap, even if marketing videos aren't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »