Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Day Two Impressions

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Day Two Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2015, 10:23 PM   #9
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7
I just can't get past the hitch at the top of the swing. Looks really off.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:27 PM   #10
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Day Two Impressions

Since I've gotten the swing better .. especially now that I was instructed how to zoom etc.. my lone issue still is the way the greens act for me.. if you land away from the pin on the green the ball sticks and barely rolls.. if you land NEAR the pin the ball hops and rolls.. doesn't really make a lot of sense to me..

I know the smaller clubs give more backspin than say a 4-iron but even the 4-iron is sticking if I land a couple feet onto the green.. there is no roll?

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Old 07-20-2015, 08:15 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey DH, you can use the spin option, which I have started doing, I don't like it, it feels like cheating to me, but I'm doing it now to get my guy built up.

Or, you can just plan for it. Depending on your swing settings, if you adjust the distances into the greens you can get pretty close too.

I've been playing every day since the release and some of these things are starting to work themselves out.

I would just like a few more courses. Quickly, before I go crazy from seeing the same few. Or let me play the downloaded Scottsdale in career mode, something, anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2015, 01:56 PM   #12
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty67
Hey DH, you can use the spin option, which I have started doing, I don't like it, it feels like cheating to me, but I'm doing it now to get my guy built up.

Or, you can just plan for it. Depending on your swing settings, if you adjust the distances into the greens you can get pretty close too.

I've been playing every day since the release and some of these things are starting to work themselves out.

I would just like a few more courses. Quickly, before I go crazy from seeing the same few. Or let me play the downloaded Scottsdale in career mode, something, anything.
I haven't used the spin "cheat" as it could be referenced in the last probably 3 TW games and not yet in this one.. I may turn it on and try it on the US Open course.. .. shot a +14 over 2 rounds with super fast greens and hard to putt.. just to get closer.. but we'll see.. every other course was SO sticky.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:28 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
I haven't used the spin "cheat" as it could be referenced in the last probably 3 TW games and not yet in this one.. I may turn it on and try it on the US Open course.. .. shot a +14 over 2 rounds with super fast greens and hard to putt.. just to get closer.. but we'll see.. every other course was SO sticky.
"Spin cheat"? Please elaborate....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 07-20-2015, 05:02 PM   #14
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
"Spin cheat"? Please elaborate....
I just used "spin cheat" to describe EA's setting that allowed you to mash a button while the ball was in flight to change the rotation on the ball.. obviously something that can't be done in real life

Old 07-20-2015, 05:21 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
I just used "spin cheat" to describe EA's setting that allowed you to mash a button while the ball was in flight to change the rotation on the ball.. obviously something that can't be done in real life

Oh, Arcade mode....gotcha.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2015, 06:56 PM   #16
Banned

oldjim's Arena

OVR: 0

Can't figure out how to account for wind or elevation. Can anybody help and old dude lol?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »