Home

Madden NFL 16 Rookie Ratings Revealed - Top 10

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Rookie Ratings Revealed - Top 10 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2015, 02:48 PM   #17
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 16 Rookie Ratings Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I know 40 time doesn't equate to top speed, but Jameis Winston's 4.97s forty time and his 73 SPD rating don't jive with me, assuming that Madden is rating people the way they normally do. Would be interested to see his other athletic ratings.
Yeah, that is one of those "Madden ratings" that are given to some players to increase their effectiveness and "usability" in the game.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:49 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 19

I'm curious what they meant buy "Speed" being adjusted/tweaked in M16?

Seeing Beasley with 88 SPD, I'm wondering/hoping something was done so that he would not be like a WR with 88 SPD.
I get the ACC to represent his burst, but hope that "Speed" is more representative of the players position and not the same across the board.

Elusiveness for QB's is a welcome as this was the culprit to the "Sack Issue" in M15 because they were rated very low (20-40's) in this area.

To me, rookies being rated around the 80's is still too high because it means the game again will not utilize a large portion of the 0-99 scale.

This means that players below 70 are once again just placeholders for the depth chart purposes because the AI will not utilize them (it will pick up a free agent rated higher).

Any ways, can't wait for early play to be available for EA Access.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:52 PM   #19
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Why are all these dudes in the video if we don't get most of their ratings? They usually release a spreadsheet at some point with all the rookies right?
Last year, they released a spreadsheet with every rating for every player in the game at the end of the ratings roll out. There were a ton of small reveals like this, however.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:01 PM   #20
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 16 Rookie Ratings Revealed - Top 10

These ratings are too high but, I guess they fit with how Madden rates everyone else. To me it's not just that they might be to high overalls but, it's the inconsistency in how they rate speed. I'm just not sure how they decide that number at all.

Winston with 95 Thp is laughable.

The funniest part of the video is Colman thinking he would be over 90. Either he doesn't understand how this works or he already thinks he should be rated as one of the best RB's in the NFL without playing a down. He's not even the best RB in the rookie class IMO.

Oh well. We really shouldn't be surprised. This is par for the course for the last 5 years or so.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:01 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Last year, they released a spreadsheet with every rating for every player in the game at the end of the ratings roll out. There were a ton of small reveals like this, however.
I think they did something like top 5 guys per position or something like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2015, 03:18 PM   #22
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
These ratings are too high but, I guess they fit with how Madden rates everyone else. To me it's not just that they might be to high overalls but, it's the inconsistency in how they rate speed. I'm just not sure how they decide that number at all.

Winston with 95 Thp is laughable.

The funniest part of the video is Colman thinking he would be over 90. Either he doesn't understand how this works or he already thinks he should be rated as one of the best RB's in the NFL without playing a down. He's not even the best RB in the rookie class IMO.

Oh well. We really shouldn't be surprised. This is par for the course for the last 5 years or so.
They pretty much all guessed high. Its one of 3 things...1) they are joking, 2) they have huge egos, or 3) they dont know how the ratings work.

Most of them seemed to have a sense of humor about, so it could be 1.

You can never rule out 2.

If its 3....maybe EA will hire them to replace Donny Moore.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:23 PM   #23
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12

Inflation and most ratings not meaning much drives me crazy with Madden.

I'm not much of a programmer at all, but I'd like to see things other then speed showing on the field.

Couple examples

QB with high throwing power but low accurracy over throwing some passes

QB with low throwing power but high accuracy under throwing some passes

RB with low juke and elusive moves stumbling if they miss the timing on these moves or if a user is spamming these moves with a trucking back fall flat on his face

Lineman with high finesse moves but low power moves attempting power moves on a great Offensive lineman getting pancaked

Etc, going forward they need to find a way to differentiate the guys who are good to great at multiple things from one trick ponies with something other than a Overall number, speed etc

Sent from my LG-D520 using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2015, 03:24 PM   #24
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

"Fun to use" is clearing the most important thing they go for when rating these rookies. I don't think that's ever going to change. It will be interesting to see if Manziel's ratings take a nose dive like they should, or if because he's a name, they keep him propped up for the fun factor.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »