Home

Madden NFL 16 Video - Madden Mondays: Draft Champions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Video - Madden Mondays: Draft Champions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-20-2015, 02:12 PM   #9
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 16 Video - Madden Mondays: Draft Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
This doesn't mean I want draft champions, I too would love them to put all time and effort on CFM and gameplay before all else, but since its in the game, I'll try it out. Will keep it fresh for me.
Nah I know you didn't say you wanted it. Then again I didn't hear anyone saying "You know what would be cool? A mode where you do a fantasy draft every few games that you play!" last year either.

These are just my frustrations. On one hand, I want to believe EA when they say they wanted to get the core gameplay right this year which was why they could not get alot of the minute details ("the little things" that make games like The Show and NBA2K great) into this year's game.

But then they go and waste time & resources on modes that no one even asked for. It's puzzling.

And the question still remains -- will the core gameplay even be tight after all this?
Old 07-20-2015, 02:39 PM   #10
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

The gameplay team talks about what they are trying to accomplish with resources available to them. They have no control over the decision by other departments or by superiors when it comes to the decision to implement new modes.

It's not for me, but I predict that Draft Champions will become the first or second most popular mode in the game, and keep casual players playing longer and make them more likely to buy the game in the future. That would make it a genius move that DC was introduce into the game, regardless of the believe that this wasn't a requested mode.

Many of us here may be upset at having less resources available for the things that we care about, but that is always going to be the reality of any AAA, annual release, sports title.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:52 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 2

I know they say that they aggressive catch won't be OP but I've seen that Odell Beckham diving catch more than I care to see and the game isn't even out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2015, 03:06 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I was a huge supporter of MUT, but financially I just couldn't keep up to compete. So, I abandoned the entire mode. Draft Champions, however, is perfect for me; I think I'll enjoy it. No stacked teams, play with elite players for free, etc. This will be cool, in my opinion.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:32 PM   #13
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

While we might not want this guys, these modes are a huge part for casual fans that are by far outweighing us sim gamers. They would lose a lot of sales without these modes.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:36 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hope they fixed the cap situation from last yr cfm it always seemed like ur cap started over each yr should b like real life where u have to make tough choices about who u resign or not
Old 07-20-2015, 03:37 PM   #15
Rookie

Would also b neat if draft champions could b used in cfm great mode but not used correctly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2015, 03:50 PM   #16
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
I'll play draft champions, it's what MUT should be.

- Short Term Outlook
- Not a Money Grab
- No Contracts/Jersey/Stadium cards
- No Collections
- About winning and losing
- No way to purchase cards w/ actual money
- Doesn't allow you to do an entire roster
- No duplicate players

Hopefully, no kids.

I'll play online cfm near exclusively, but I'll give draft Champions a shot. Looks like a great idea.
This is my exact reason for wanting to play this new mode. I only like MUT, because I enjoy the fantasy football aspect of playing with any player I like. I can create a team players that were with the Chargers like Vincent Jackson, Sproles, Cro, etc.

I lose that freedom of picking the exact player I want, but I gain not feeling the need to HAVE to spend money (I admit I have) or my life to be competitive online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »