Home

Madden NFL 16 Video - Madden Mondays: Draft Champions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Video - Madden Mondays: Draft Champions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-20-2015, 03:50 PM   #17
Rookie

King Cardinal's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 16 Video - Madden Mondays: Draft Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
The gameplay team talks about what they are trying to accomplish with resources available to them. They have no control over the decision by other departments or by superiors when it comes to the decision to implement new modes.

It's not for me, but I predict that Draft Champions will become the first or second most popular mode in the game, and keep casual players playing longer and make them more likely to buy the game in the future. That would make it a genius move that DC was introduce into the game, regardless of the believe that this wasn't a requested mode.

Many of us here may be upset at having less resources available for the things that we care about, but that is always going to be the reality of any AAA, annual release, sports title.
Also, the card database will update as MUT goes by (I think, right?) so you have much more card variety during the drafts. That means no scamming, Pay-to-Win, and much more skill intensive than MUT.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:48 PM   #18
MVP

Number999's Arena

OVR: 0

"Meh" is all I have to say.

Maybe Madden just isn't for me anymore but is it just me who enjoys a good old fashioned in-depth as hell franchise mode? I don't care about having Peyton Manning or using old legends... let me have my 3rd string RB who nobody has ever heard of fighting to make the roster... that's 100x more compelling than everybody playing with the same superstars.

Also, the part where he says that "Draft a legend QB, make sure you surround him with weapons" is 100% wrong no? Don't legend QBs make players around them better? Why not focus on protecting him with a beast offensive line and strong defense so he'll make his RBs and WRs better ala what Brady does in real life... maybe I'm just nit-picking though.
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Crystal Palace ~ FIFA 18 Dynasty!
Old 07-20-2015, 06:34 PM   #19
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Man they are shoving this down our throats... Something new please..!!!

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 07-20-2015, 06:41 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
This just made me laugh!!!

I'm picturing a Ren-n-Stimpy episode.

Back on topic!!!

Lol. This utter waste of time. Why not focus on my player interaction? Show coaches getting angry at there qb for throwing a pick like a stare down. Why not show the bus where players come down and walk through tunnel. Why not have a player ejected for doing something stupid in the game like nfl players do? This entire forum can make madden x10 better ,but ea as yrs past ignores our request.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:18 PM   #21
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

It would be a cool mode if the legends and different players actually were unique. There's nothing that stands out between a legend and a highly rated player of today that makes them unique on the field. There just isn't enough personality in Madden as of now for me to even entertain a mode like this.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2015, 07:59 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz2k2
Lol. This utter waste of time. Why not focus on my player interaction? Show coaches getting angry at there qb for throwing a pick like a stare down. Why not show the bus where players come down and walk through tunnel. Why not have a player ejected for doing something stupid in the game like nfl players do? This entire forum can make madden x10 better ,but ea as yrs past ignores our request.
Madden 10 and 11 had this sort of thing; players getting off the bus, locker room, tunnel. Then they took it out rather than building on it. That's pretty much how they do things.

In Madden now, your coach reacts badly when the other team screws up. Just sloppy, smh.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:04 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
It would be a cool mode if the legends and different players actually were unique. There's nothing that stands out between a legend and a highly rated player of today that makes them unique on the field. There just isn't enough personality in Madden as of now for me to even entertain a mode like this.
I don't think they even know what the legends look like, much less know how they played.

They give you a skinny Vince Lombardi, and a thin as a rail Bo Jackson. And despite people making fun of them on Twitter for that sloppy work, it doesn't appear that they're doing anything about it, because Terrell Davis is in the game in this DC mode and yet he looks nothing like Terrell Davis. Wrong helmet, wrong facemask, wrong shoulder pads, wrong jersey fit.

It's amazing what they're getting away with by not having any competitors in the market. My question is, where is the pride? If you're going to add these guys, do it right, or don't do it at all.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:46 PM   #24
Banned

It interest me more than MUT...but not much and I think MUT is the worst mode every created. So...yeah. Take the time to tweak something fans want...post game show.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »