Home

Driveclub Game Update 1.20 Available Now, Private Lobbies & Companion App Coming Soon

This is a discussion on Driveclub Game Update 1.20 Available Now, Private Lobbies & Companion App Coming Soon within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2015, 09:06 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Driveclub Game Update 1.20 Available Now, Private Lobbies & Companion App Coming Soon

Driveclub game update 1.20 is available now, weighing in at .5GB. The update introduces ELITE Driver Levels, new club Leaderboards for every Tour event, updates to Club Challenges, a new 'Random event' feature for quick play, options to tune or disable the camera shake settings, filters for your Garage and Car Select menus, new Photo Mode filters and frames, and many more improvements.

It also paves the way for the Driveclub Horsepower Expansion Pack, scheduled to arrive on July 28, which includes 11 new tour events, 5 new trophies and the following cars:
  • Ferrari LaFerrari FXX K
  • Nissan GT-R NISMO
  • McLaren P1 GTR
  • Renault Mégane R.S. 275 Trophy-R
  • Ferrari FXX Evoluzione
Check out the trailer here.

Full details for the Driveclub Game Update 1.20, can be seen below.

Download & installation
  • The update will happen automatically when you fire up the game (or you can "Check for Updates" on PS4 for the game).
  • The update size is 0.5GB which brings the total size of all updates combined so far to 10.84GB.
What's included in Update 1.20
  • ELITE Driver Levels are now available above Level 60. You'll have to prove your skills on the track as well as reach the required number of Tour Stars and Fame Points to earn these ELITE Levels! Every new Driver Level has a reward too.
  • New 'Random Event' in DRIVE lets you quickly get behind the wheel and try something different. It's perfect for creating new Challenges!
  • Club Challenges now show all Club Members participating and individual leaderboard positions to make it more rewarding and competitive for everyone taking part.
  • New Club Leaderboards for every Tour event: go and get your Club ranked in your favourite events as soon as you update the game!
  • Improved camera shake and new Gameplay Settings option to adjust the camera shake intensity - or turn it down completely for a silky smooth drive.
  • New Gameplay Settings option to turn Face-offs on or off, for those of you who prefer the pure thrill of the race without any distractions or extra opportunities for earning Fame.
  • New Garage options to filter the vehicles so that you can more easily find the car you're looking for.
  • Adds new filters and frames to Photo Mode.
  • Adds the ability to toggle ghosts on and off in Time Trial and Drift mode, by using left on the D-Pad.
  • Stunning new #PS4share photo added to the loading screen (Credit: http://bit.ly/1I4UI8V).
  • Updated Credits with personal messages, special thanks and new members of the team!
  • Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.
Update 1.20 Add-ons (available for download from PlayStation®Store on July 28 worldwide)
  • Adds support for the Horsepower Expansion Pack (download from PlayStation®Store) - which includes the Horsepower Car Pack and Horsepower Tour Pack.
  • The Horsepower Car Pack includes: Ferrari LaFerrari FXX K, McLaren P1 GTR, Nissan GT-R NISMO, Renault Mégane R.S. 275 Trophy-R and the Ferrari FXX Evoluzione.
  • The Horsepower Tour includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
  • Collect every star in the Horsepower Tour to earn a new bonus Livery.
  • Adds support for the UniteInSpeed Tour Pack (download from PlayStation®Store).
  • The UniteInSpeed Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
  • Collect every star in the UniteInSpeed Tour to earn a bonus Livery.
  • Adds support for two new livery packs coming to PlayStation®Store. Each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your cars with.
What else we're working on (stuff coming after 1.20)
  • Private lobbies! This is our main focus now that the servers are running smoothly and the PS+ Edition of DRIVECLUB is live.
  • DRIVECLUB companion app: We'll have more news on this soon.
  • More free cars: There isn't a new free car coming in July but we've got some awesome cars lined up for you in August and September!
  • More Cars & Tours: The packs coming in July mark the end of the Season Pass but not the end of DRIVECLUB! We have much more coming so stay with us.
  • More Game Updates: We're committed to keeping the game fresh and enjoyable for you, so we will continue to make improvements and add features based on your feedback. Please keep sharing your thoughts with us to help us continually evolve the game around you.
Platform: PS4
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2015, 05:01 AM   #2
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Driveclub Game Update 1.20 Available Now, Private Lobbies & Companion App Coming

I really have to give these guys props for all they have done to fix and improve this game. just a great job. Can't wait for the private lobby's .
Old 07-21-2015, 11:47 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Driveclub Game Update 1.20 Available Now, Private Lobbies & Companion App Coming

Do they have any plans for offline multiplayer split screen?
Old 07-26-2015, 11:58 AM   #4
MVP

BL8001's Arena

I just bought this game 3 days ago. I missed all the early heartbreak.

But wow, this game is really fun. The random event feature is brilliant.

The main thing is how quick and fluid the game is, want to race? Game loads race in like 15 seconds, want to time trial, loads just as quick. You barely have to wait for anything to happen. And with how amazing the racing locations look it's incredible the game can load them this fast.

Weather effects are really cool and the advance time rate feature should be in every sports game created. Having this in The Show would be incredible.

The racing model treads a very good line between sim and arcade, it leans much more to arcade, but you do need to do things like brake in a straight line, maintain a cornering speed, take correct lines, etc.

What is wonderful is how you can save things, by that I mean, in a sim racer when you bleed over that edge of control you spin out, in this game right when you think oh no I have lost control, you can save it and this makes the racing positively thrilling.

The only negative I can find is that along some guardrails there have been objects jutting out that cause havoc. Its only happened twice but both times it was shocking. One was on the bottom left japan race menu race, 2nd track on the left side near the start finish line. The main one was in this night race challenge I did in scotland, right at the finish which was a high speed left hander, the right wall/rail had some sort of jut out 100m from the finish line. I came in a little hot and drifted wide and hugged that rail and out of nowhere it was like I hit a bus. Car flipped sideways and sparks flew everywhere. I watched the replay and could not figure out what caused it. Bad collision detection I guess. Once I knew it was "there" I just avoided it. Problem solved.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:30 PM   #5
MVP

BL8001's Arena

If people are still playing this game, go to challenges and pick evolution, then choose the 3rd one.

Wow. The weather effects are unreal.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »