Home

Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Running Backs

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Running Backs within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2015, 02:52 PM   #9
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16 Top 5 Running Backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
The really good thing I see from this, is that the SPD ratings are a bit lower than they used to be. Here is what they were last year and now this year:

Lynch: 90/85
Peterson: 97/90
Charles: 98/92
Murray: 94/89
Bell: 86/88

Bell was the only guy who went up. Not sure why, but this is a good start, IMO.
But then you see pass rushing OLB rookies with similar speeds, so I don't think its universal. I think they toned down high 90s, but not the 80-90 range.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:54 PM   #10
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastajav
So you are saying its ok that Gurley is faster than AP and Murray? And that Mariota is 1 spd point slower than Murray but faster than Bell? This seems wrong. #bringbackdonny
#ThatIsDonny! #BringInFBG
Old 07-21-2015, 02:55 PM   #11
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I like the lowered speed ratings but one thing that sticks out to me is how jacked some of the ratings are. like juke move or spin move. seems like every one of the top halfbacks have those ratings nearly maxed. when i think of demarco murray i dont think of his juke move or spin move but on madden hes elite at both. for jukes and spins i think of a guy like lesean mccoy or jamaal charles. and charles actually has the same spin and juke as murray. it just seems so random to me. the spin/juke/stiffarm/truck/elusiveness etc ratings should seperate halfbacks and make them more unique, not just have good players with high ratings just cause they are good players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2015, 02:55 PM   #12
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
#ThatIsDonny! #BringInFBG
LOL I think he forgot that Donny did all these ratings for this version of Madden. FBG would be in M17 at the earliest.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 07-21-2015, 02:56 PM   #13
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I like the lowered speed ratings but one thing that sticks out to me is how jacked some of the ratings are. like juke move or spin move. seems like every one of the top halfbacks have those ratings nearly maxed. when i think of demarco murray i dont think of his juke move or spin move but on madden hes elite at both. for jukes and spins i think of a guy like lesean mccoy or jamaal charles. and charles actually has the same spin and juke as murray. it just seems so random to me. the spin/juke/stiffarm/truck/elusiveness etc ratings should seperate halfbacks and make them more unique, not just have good players with high ratings just cause they are good players.
Probably too hard to keep their OVR up with low rated rb moves. Lynch could ve 99 truck, 99 break tackle, 85 str, but with 70 juke, 70 spin, 75 elusive he probably won't be rated highly.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:57 PM   #14
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Maybe they need REAL data to rely on when making those other ratings. Then, incorporate an accurate distribution based upon the source data.

I wonder where they could get THAT from...

NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 07-21-2015, 02:58 PM   #15
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Here is how I would have them today:

McCoy, LeSean 81
Murray, DeMarco 81
Charles, Jamaal 81
Lynch, Marshawn 81
Bell, Le'Veon 80
Man I wish we could get your system! To avoid the OVR hate, just have gold, silver and bronze players. Gold would be top 5 at the position. Silver would be 6-10 at the position. Bronze would be everyone else.

Ratings should go to letter grades. 90-99 would be A. 80-89 would be B. 70-79 would be C. 60-69 would be D. 59 and below F.

Something like that would force guys to really have to scout for players that fit what they want and allow someone like you to do what you do and bring a realistic rating system under the hood. I know there's a slim chance of a rating overhaul like that but a man can wish, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2015, 02:59 PM   #16
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Maybe they need REAL data to rely on when making those other ratings. Then, incorporate an accurate distribution based upon the source data.

I wonder where they could get THAT from...

They just need 40 times dude. They look at anyone from a 4.28-4.80 will be 80-99 speed, then they'll sprinkle in some 70s for OL and DL lol. Its atrocious. Save us!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »