Home

F1 2015 Available Today For Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC

This is a discussion on F1 2015 Available Today For Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2015, 11:52 PM   #17
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: F1 2015 Available Today For Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC

Monaco... Looks amazing.

Monaco... Destroyed me. Lol

I skipped 2014.. So I last played the 2013 game if I remember correctly. I remember Monaco being hard. But I got the hang of it. It's harder this time for me. I adjusted setups and stuff and finally found my way around in the time trial mode. But once I tried to race there. Oh man...

Some of the walls.. The way they are angled just eat up your car, cut corners too close. Catch the rear wheels on the wall. You're done. Even some of the long sweeping turns, the walls are unforgiving on those too. Ha-ha.

It felt good to get the hang of the track again. But I was in no way ready for a race.

The race into screens and computers are cool. When ur in the garage during a practice or qualifying session, you can watch the other cars on the track on the screen. Pretty neat.

There's not much to the season mode either. A few team goals. But nothing special. Just race. Standing etc. That's about it. So that sucks, but the gameplay itself to me I enjoyed without noticing any glaring issues.

That's all for tonight. I have to work tomorrow...as usual. Lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2015, 12:25 AM   #18
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6
Enjoying this game on PS4 a lot! I must say that Codemasters is the new king of the race replay. Man, they really upped the ante on this. Broadcast quality and multiple camera angles per lap. Better than Polyphony Digital in the replay department. Right now I am trying the Professional mode, and it is a killer. You play from the cockpit view only, with no assists and Legend AI difficulty. Just testing this out and I am no match against the ai. I like F1 2015. It's a nice game.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:05 AM   #19
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Well, you had said in your original post "Played every year that this title has come out but will not be purchasing or playing this one." Which is why I had said that.

I'm going to check out that video later, but for now, I want to spend my time tonight racing. Going to run one more race, then watch, ill report if I saw any of the issues. If they're online issues though, I can't comment, I'm playing offline, and usually only do.
Thats cool. I didn't mean to sound so negative. I am glad you are enjoying it. I am a huge F1 fan and was just really disappointed this year, I think that came thru too much. This is the only game I actually play online with, I am in a group from Europe that races the entire season online with a full field. It is huge fun. A lot of us were hoping for the console versions to work better for online stability but such is not the case.

I might have picked it up for single player but 2014 is good and all of my friends are sticking with it until we see what the 2015 PC version is like.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:34 AM   #20
Rookie

denniscvd's Arena

OVR: 1
I've had the game for 2 weeks now (Europe Credit Card) and I'd have to say I love it. I'm a big F1 fan, and was excited for months. The game looks amazing. I think it plays better than the previous F1 series. I'm loving the competitive AI even though i'm already on Legend. You will not win in a lesser car like a McLaren so that is realistic but tough as well as you can't develop the car in season.

Now the negative, the game is so so buggy. Every day there is a new one. This ranges from being stuck in 2nd gear after a pitstop and blowing up your engine, to starting your championship season with a driver and all of a sudden being switched to Hamilton mid season. The AI always pit on the same lap. So if Hamilton and Rosberg are 1 and 2 with 1 sec in between it will be 6 sec once the stops are done (Unless one of the cars just freezes in the pits which happens as well). The choices are limited as you only have 3 race weekend lengths during championship season and you can't mix and match. Race goals are unrealistic, if you qualify 5th in a lesser car with the goal being (10th) then all of a sudden the race goal is to finish first.. On PS4 replays sometimes crash out. There are more bugs but whats the point of me going on.

I love the game, even though it's buggy I love it. I'm just going to have to be patient to when the next patch will be released. Game mode wise it reminds me of NHL15 just very limited. For me it's playable and enjoyable, but if you're not a big F1 fan I'd might wait till next patch.

Last edited by denniscvd; 07-22-2015 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:23 PM   #21
Pro

chunt04's Arena

OVR: 4
Brandon, I am on xbox one as well and am loving this game so far. We'll have to get some racing in. Add me - gamertag Chunt04

The AI is great in terms of realizing where you are on the track and being fair in terms of backing out of moves. They are very good at being aggressive when needed. The visuals are great and with all of the assists off the car really seems to come to life. The driving experience really is good in this game. The lack of career mode is unfortunate, but at least you can play the 2014 and 2015 seasons. The race day track atmosphere is great in this game, may even be the best that I've seen. This is a very solid base to build upon in upcoming years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2015, 10:24 PM   #22
Pro

chunt04's Arena

OVR: 4
For those looking for a good view of the game, watch aarava's videos on youtube. They're very entertaining.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:19 AM   #23
Rookie

rkligman's Arena

OVR: 0
I picked up the latest version Day 1 in the US yesterday. Brandon's done a great job on detailing the game. PS4 got a US Day 1 Patch and that fixed a few problems from it's initial release. Been driving F1 since 2013 and they really have it down this year. The game is missing features galore and I couldn't find a game online Day 1 but they have the core fairly solid. Right now I'm very happy with what I've got and was certainly worth the cost since Best Buy gives you 20% off in their Gamer's Club. If you like F1 and driving without all the bells and whistles then give it a go. If you need all the other modes to get your engine running...well hopefully there's always next year.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:23 AM   #24
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I have this game on xbox one and I absolutely love driving the car. I use no assists and am using a wheel. It is so fun to drive. I have not done much actual racing yet. Just practice laps on different tracks and I have not had issues with bugs so far. The little bit of racing I did do seemed much improved over previous versions. True the game has less features than previous versions but this really is a good base for them to build upon.
This is not a game you can judge until you get yourself behind the wheel and I consider it a must have for any F1 fan like myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »