Home

NHL 16 EASHL Beta Opens Next Week For NHL 15 Xbox One & PlayStation 4 Users

This is a discussion on NHL 16 EASHL Beta Opens Next Week For NHL 15 Xbox One & PlayStation 4 Users within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2015, 01:52 PM   #17
MVP

ricky24's Arena

OVR: 0

The polygon article is spot on. So many nights me and 5 buddies would keep playing because someone on our team needed one more goal, or one more win etc to level up. That is gone now. I'm worried that between this beta and my ea access period I will realize the replay factor is just not there anymore. Sucks they couldn't find another solution to keep the people who can't play as much happy because I don't see how this solution is going to keep the community really active. Seems like they are catering to the wrong side but time will tell.

And I just saw we can't even make our own team jerseys anymore. Ugh.

Last edited by ricky24; 07-22-2015 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:58 PM   #18
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

Hmm. I think I'll get in on this.

We should really form our own teams of OSers for the beta. I would gladly jump on with some of you guys on PS4.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:14 PM   #19
EA Game Changer

LuGer33's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 16 EASHL Beta Opens Next Week For NHL 15 Xbox One & PlayStation 4 Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
The polygon article is spot on. So many nights me and 5 buddies would keep playing because someone on our team needed one more goal, or one more win etc to level up. That is gone now. I'm worried that between this beta and my ea access period I will realize the replay factor is just not there anymore. Sucks they couldn't find another solution to keep the people who can't play as much happy because I don't see how this solution is going to keep the community really active. Seems like they are catering to the wrong side but time will tell.

And I just saw we can't even make our own team jerseys anymore. Ugh.
I'm not trying to sound like a you-know-what here or anything, but is the RPG / progression element really more important to you than good gameplay?

You aren't alone in thinking this, but I just don't see it. I would take solid, balanced gameplay that depends on the skill of the players and how much they know about hockey over the progression carrot every single time. I like the satisfaction of knowing that I won or lost on the merits, not because the other side had cards or boost packs or abilities that did not match my own.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:22 PM   #20
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuGer33
I'm not trying to sound like a you-know-what here or anything, but is the RPG / progression element really more important to you than good gameplay?

You aren't alone in thinking this, but I just don't see it. I would take solid, balanced gameplay that depends on the skill of the players and how much they know about hockey over the progression carrot every single time. I like the satisfaction of knowing that I won or lost on the merits, not because the other side had cards or boost packs or abilities that did not match my own.

It's not that it's more important at all. It's just what kept me playing the game. I would like solid gameplay with an in depth attribute system. I'm sure this will be fun. I'm not saying it won't be but the chances of me logging the same amount of hours I put into nhl 13 and 14 are slim to none.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:23 PM   #21
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuGer33

I think this is what I'm intrigued by the most... mainly because I am a big FIFA Pro Clubs player, in fact I spend 95% of my time in FIFA playing Pro Clubs.

5 defender line-ups with 2 CAMs that are 5'8" 175lb so they can be a 95 sprint, 95 acceleration and 1 Striker that is a 6'5" 190lb target man and the entire game turns into 2 or maybe 3 attacks ALL GAME while in park the bus/high pressure game tactics. 1. The CAMs sprinting up the sideline, fake shot, cut back across the face of the goal, sprint away from the already out of position CB and take a shot. 2. The CAMs sprint up the sideline, cross it into the target man who is 4 inches taller than any defender. 3. CAMs sprint through midfield, kick fake, diagonal run towards one corner, kick fake, diagonal back across teh field, 35 meter finesse shot. eveyone knows the 2 basic hieght/weight combos and then just grind out the RPG goals until they are 95 sprint, 95 accel CAMs that they can play in any position.

this idea is interesting to me because it is getting away from the microtransaction/grind for the obviously key 'sprint/accel/shot' catagories and makes them level. even if you do have a team that just wants 3 snipers, hopefully the rock/paper/scissors will allow for a team that has a playmaker, sniper, 2way forward combo to use their stat boosts to exploit and it doesn't become just the 3 snipers sprinting out defensively to break up proper cycling and then just shooting from distance because the goalie can't handle 3 snipers...

really hopeful that the preset roles allow the game to become more about real skill and not "gaming the system" skill.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2015, 03:48 PM   #22
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

I don't really understand the complaints about having no progression. Year after year I would get to my legend 3 in a few months and I would still be playing right up until the new NHL game released.

I would play like crazy in the beginning to keep up with everyone who played clubs. Then in the end everyone would make the same type of forward. The game became who could exploit the attributes more and exploit the game. There was no skill in previous EASHL.

The way I see NHL 16 EASHL is that I removes the pointless grind to legend 3. We all did it year after year and made our players the same year after year.

I'm stoked by this decision and I think it's for the better.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Last edited by SinisterAlex; 07-22-2015 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:52 PM   #23
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

So am I correct in assuming this will be the current build of NHL 16 gameplay to go along with EASHL, or is it NHL 15 gameplay just with the NHL 16 EASHL?
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 07-22-2015, 03:54 PM   #24
Rookie

So what about the people who purchased the PS4 version of NHL 15, which if i remember correctly, was more expensive than the PS3 version?? Just sit on our thumbs for a few weeks?? Makes sense.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »