Home

NHL 16 Control the Crease Video and Details

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Control the Crease Video and Details within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2015, 06:04 PM   #9
EA Game Changer

LuGer33's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 16 Control the Crease Video and Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1074
Since were on the topic of goalies, I wish Sean and EA would bring in more elite goaltenders for mocap, like a Carey Price or a Tuukka Rask. I know it costs a lot to fly out a goalie of this caliber (couple thousands I image) but I'm sure it would be worth it. Maybe you can pull a top tier goalie around a preseason game with the Canucks? It certainly would save you some mula.

We all know that Sean brought Eddie Lack to the studio because he was the backup goaltender in Vancouver. It seems a little lazy just to pull a guy from your own backyard. Could we aim a little higher next time?

Let's just hope they don't stop mocaping goalies now that they had this session with Eddie. Maybe we can get a starter next time? I hear Ryan Miller is it doing anything special right now.
Lol c'mon, is this sarcasm?

Eddie Lack is a top tier goalie because he's in the NHL. He's perfected the same basic moves, saves, positions, etc. as Carey Price and any other goalie. Unless EA is aiming for authentic styles on a goalie-by-goalie basis (maybe someday, but not this year), there's absolutely no difference between using Eddie Lack and any other professional goaltender for motion capture, even if they were to pull a guy from the AHL.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:46 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuGer33
Lol c'mon, is this sarcasm?

Eddie Lack is a top tier goalie because he's in the NHL. He's perfected the same basic moves, saves, positions, etc. as Carey Price and any other goalie. Unless EA is aiming for authentic styles on a goalie-by-goalie basis (maybe someday, but not this year), there's absolutely no difference between using Eddie Lack and any other professional goaltender for motion capture, even if they were to pull a guy from the AHL.
^^^ I second that. These goalies all move the same and have the same basic fundamentals down pat. No need to get the best goalie just to do basic movements. Unless they are getting everyone movement individually this is good. Even better that he lives their, more time in Mocap.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:33 PM   #11
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Eddie Lack graded out better than Ryan Miller last year. The Hurricanes got a great goalie. Really upset to lose him in Vancouver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2015, 05:31 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Holy negativity. Guys, they aren't going to take you step by step through every animation they mocapped into the game. Save the judgement for the product, not the minute long video.

I understand that 15 let a lot of people down, but it seems that every post here is met with nitpicky cynicism. Being skeptical is fine, but making judgements based on this is equally as silly as being hyped for 15 beforehand.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:49 PM   #13
Rookie

BTW8892's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06woz
Holy negativity. Guys, they aren't going to take you step by step through every animation they mocapped into the game. Save the judgement for the product, not the minute long video.

I understand that 15 let a lot of people down, but it seems that every post here is met with nitpicky cynicism. Being skeptical is fine, but making judgements based on this is equally as silly as being hyped for 15 beforehand.
Just wait until the beta drops, people will be going wild as if it's the final release of the game.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:05 PM   #14
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
This actually probably sold me. I'm a goalie IRL and to be honest it's really the only thing I enjoy about hockey the last few years and I play almost exclusively as the goalie the last couple nhl iterations.. Last year being the goalie was near impossible so i barely played it. But this looks pretty cool. Hopefully it translates as well as the video looked.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:32 AM   #15
Just started!

OVR: 0
Come back it to PC, please
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »