Home

NHL 16 Q&A Update - No Demo, Goaltender Interference & More

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Q&A Update - No Demo, Goaltender Interference & More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2015, 10:15 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 16 Q&A Update - No Demo, Goaltender Interference & More

The NHL 16 team continues to answer questions about the game at their Ask EA page. The Q&A is copied and pasted below for easier reading. Other Q&A sessions have been posted here in the same fashion.

Will there be the 3 stars at the end of the game?

We do have the three stars selected after a game but there will not be a sequence showing the 3 stars of the game coming out to salute the fans.

Do the San Jose Sharks have their Stadium Series jersey in this game?

The San Jose Sharks Stadium Series jersey will be in NHL 16.

In long-term GM modes, I always find that the a lot of the computer generated players in the 2018+ drafts have the same last name. Any efforts to fix this? I have four Arkatov's on my team and it's quite confusing.

Hi Dane, we do have a large database of names for the different countries. I will look into the distribution of the names and see what we can do in the future.

Will there be fan interactions in playoffs, like hankies being waved and the white out in Winnipeg?

Yes, teams that have towels in the stands will have them in NHL 16 and we have done our best to get all the colors correct as well. The white out will be represented in Winnipeg and you will also see other teams that are known for giving out t-shirts to their crowd.

Will I be able to customize the goalie gear?

Yes both what brands you select and the colors region by region.

Will the control of goalies emphasize good positioning, rather than reflexes? It seemed like in previous installments that you would cheat slightly, stay low in your crease, have a big goaltender and simply move side-to-side. When I tried to use the technique I use on the ice I found that I was punished for moving into shots, not rewarded. Have you tried to replicate the NHL style of today?

In NHL 16 the aim this year was to build a system that didn't limit your ability to get to where you wanted but to make you accountable for that momentum. If you start to go one way and quickly change your mind, your goalie will have to recoil rather than just play a straight butterfly push. You can also take either small strides or larger T-Pushes from set depending on how far you want to go in the crease. We have added the ability to move into/with a save as you mention which works well when you are moving across to make a save. We have tried to eliminate the feeling of being 'stuck' when a save starts as that was something people often commented about with the old system.

Will we get new visors such as the Oakley Aviator and straight cuts? Also, new more realistic sock tucks and the option to pick the brand of pants/girdles.

In NHL 16 we have added a few new visor styles to help add authenticity to star players we couldn't capture before. You can't brand pants for this year. The sock tucks in style are what we have had in the game before but the textures were reworked to look more authentic to the current way the socks look over shin pads/skates. We have added different sock tape styles (which you can change the material and color of tape for as well).

Can I adjust my players hair length? I want long golden hair flowing in the breeze as zip past the defenseman and ultimately score.

Don't we all. Unfortunately for NHL 16, that won't be an option in Create Player. We do have over 200 new heads to pick from when you customize your player though. Some of them may have something close to the hair style you are after.

Will the Goaltender Interference penalties be fixed in NHL 16?

We have done work against both goaltender and player on player interference. We have also added the ability to call off a goal due to interference without having to hand out a penalty.

Is there going to be a demo?

We will not have a traditional demo this year. Instead, we will be launching our first ever EA SPORTS Hockey League Beta on July 30 for NHL 15 owners. We prioritized a Beta over a Demo because we wanted our fans to go deep with the mode and give us early feedback so we can continue to refine and improve the experience. For more information on the EASHL Beta visit the EASHL Hub. For fans of Be a Pro, Be a GM, and Hockey Ultimate Team there is more information about those modes within the beta and we will provide deeper dives for those modes at a later date.

Are there going to be more free content updates after launch this year?

Yes, fans can expect even more from NHL 16 after launch. While we're incredibly proud of what's in the game this year - with new gameplay balance and added depth across the most played single player and team modes - we're just as excited about keeping your experience fresh and exciting with free content updates after the game ships.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2015, 10:42 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Q&A Update - No Demo, Goaltender Interference & More

What they said: We do have the three stars selected after a game but there will not be a sequence showing the 3 stars of the game coming out to salute the fans.

What they mean: We do have the three stars selected after a game but there will not be a sequence showing the 3 stars of the game coming out to salute the fans, because next year, for NHL 17 we're going to have it, and then list it as a great new feature that fans have been clamoring to have!

As for the no demo, well I don't have NHL 15 anymore, it's like they're saying, hey F you for trading in the game after two weeks because it was a pile of garbage. Now, you won't get to try our next piece of crap because you gave away our last piece of crap!

Amazing marketing, EA NHL team! Amazing! Oh, and I don't play EASHL. Why not just make it a HUT beta and charge people for packs already so they can have a super team when the game launches in September!
Old 07-26-2015, 11:08 AM   #3
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Gotta say, very disappointed about the no demo. I look forward to aleast that each year at this point.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:16 AM   #4
Rookie

Smutka's Arena

Yep! F*ck BETA for only current 15 users...who the hell still has that game? when there is only about a month left for the next release. I sold mine on ebay a few months ago just to get a few bucks back from that piece of shiiii
Old 07-26-2015, 11:26 AM   #5
Rookie

^^ negative much. excited for this years game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2015, 11:41 AM   #6
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
I own a digital copy of the game...can I get in on that beta?
Old 07-26-2015, 12:55 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Gotta say, very disappointed about the no demo. I look forward to aleast that each year at this point.
Beta is the demo. You will be able to at least try some of the control and the new stuff on defense. But with user control teammate instead of CPU.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2015, 01:03 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smutka
Yep! F*ck BETA for only current 15 users...who the hell still has that game? when there is only about a month left for the next release. I sold mine on ebay a few months ago just to get a few bucks back from that piece of shiiii
The real fan still got this game. Good move from EA, that way the feedback is going to be from people that are dedicated to this game. And maybe sell some more of this NHL 15. Great idea for the business. I Like it.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »