Home

Ten Tips for Rocket League Success

This is a discussion on Ten Tips for Rocket League Success within the Rocket League forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Rocket League
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2015, 09:54 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Ten Tips for Rocket League Success

If you’re anything like me, you are probably having a heck of a good time with Rocket League on the PS4. My review summarizes my thoughts in a more full manner, but the game just continues to provide that “just one more” feeling every time I play it. From the ease of which you can get in and out of matches to the party system to the customization to the dedicated servers, Rocket League just shines online.

Now, I won’t profess to be some master at the game like you may have seen on Youtube, but I’ve picked up some tricks along the way that have allowed me to generally do quite well when I play. Hopefully I can add a weapon or two to your arsenal so that you’ll be a more complete player on the pitch. Here are my ten tips to implement the next time you’re in Rocket League...

Read More - Ten Tips for Rocket League Success
Platform: PC / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2015, 02:34 PM   #2
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21
You actually don't want to waste a double jump on an aerial. Jump once and boost into the air, you can then do a flip toward any directions for any quick adjustments needed to make contact with the ball
Old 07-27-2015, 02:53 PM   #3
Staff Writer

Wiggy's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
You actually don't want to waste a double jump on an aerial. Jump once and boost into the air, you can then do a flip toward any directions for any quick adjustments needed to make contact with the ball
Very true. That's a good point.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:26 PM   #4
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
Yeah if you jump once you get about 1.5 seconds to double jump, can be very useful
Old 07-29-2015, 07:30 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2015, 01:15 PM   #6
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

Great write up!

I don't use the front flips nearly enough to get back so I need to work on that more. As far as the aerials...don't see many people boosting while in the air.

I stick to high jumps and flips to push the ball as I control my movement much better.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:36 PM   #7
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Ten Tips for Rocket League Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Great write up!

I don't use the front flips nearly enough to get back so I need to work on that more. As far as the aerials...don't see many people boosting while in the air.

I stick to high jumps and flips to push the ball as I control my movement much better.
Once you level a bit and hit the pro or vet rankings you'll definitely see a lot more people attempting aerials. You should definitely start working on basic aerials through training now and get a jump on the guys in your skill range. It completely opens up your game if you can hit the ball up high even if you can't aim your shots/passes yet.

You'll be surprised how often shot opportunities come by being able to get in the air. It also helps a lot on defense being able to deflect balls away from the goal.

Even if I wasn't able to hit it with my tail end to go for the goal, just tapping it and keeping it in front of the net puts a lot of pressure on the other team by giving my teammates a chance to clean it up
Old 07-29-2015, 10:52 PM   #8
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

...holy crud dude.

Boosting while in air will take a while to control; thanks for the heads up, I'll start working on it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Rocket League »