Home

MLB 15 The Show Video - Online Problems of a Different Sort

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Video - Online Problems of a Different Sort within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2015, 12:15 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
I completely agree with everything in the video. When I'm facing a bunt cheeser I simply concede the game because it is zero fun.

I would like to add another source of frustration. A frequent occurrence for me is having a base-runner complete non-responsive to commands. Example: I will hit a double and the guy goes from 1st to 3rd but continues on home even though I've stopped him with my controller. I've lost countless outs/runs over this issue. I'm sure it's tied to the lag in the game but I've seen it completely ruin the experience for me numerous times.
Old 07-25-2015, 02:45 PM   #10
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

If a player speed is 95+ they should be able to steal like they do in this video. Some players like mentioned hamilton or Jarrod dyson steal at will that's sim.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:01 PM   #11
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB 15 The Show Video - Online Problems of a Different Sort

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erFan4Life
One player you can pick off is Manny Muchado. If he gets a lead at either 1st or 2nd there is a good chance you can get him. I've done it a couple of times and am not sure why it's just him that I can pick offf
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Online franchise is a mess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah I was mostly sticking to on field stuff but I know there are some Online Franchise issues dealing with pitcher stamina and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschauble
I completely agree with everything in the video. When I'm facing a bunt cheeser I simply concede the game because it is zero fun.

I would like to add another source of frustration. A frequent occurrence for me is having a base-runner complete non-responsive to commands. Example: I will hit a double and the guy goes from 1st to 3rd but continues on home even though I've stopped him with my controller. I've lost countless outs/runs over this issue. I'm sure it's tied to the lag in the game but I've seen it completely ruin the experience for me numerous times.
The baserunning is a fair one. I sometimes run into the issue where advance all runners does not seem to work quite right or sending runners back doesn't function as I feel it should. I sometimes wonder if that's lag or just responsiveness of the mechanic though. Like if a baserunner at one base just gets there before someone is at another base it's not "smart" enough to know I still want both to advance even though only one is at the next base so far -- thus it only advances one runner rather than both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
If a player speed is 95+ they should be able to steal like they do in this video. Some players like mentioned hamilton or Jarrod dyson steal at will that's sim.
There's a degree to which I agree. Billy Hamilton steals roughly 60 percent of the time he gets on first base and this year he's successful 88 percent of the time. Dyson steals around 50 percent of the time and he's at about 95 percent success rate this season.

Still, it's more than just speed that should matter. And those steal percentage ratios are still much lower than they are in Show when it comes to online games. It turns more into a routine that guys will steal second and third rather than a mini-confrontation where both sides are trying to battle each other, which takes a lot of the fun and intensity out of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2015, 10:36 PM   #12
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

This is a very nice compilation of the issues that detract from the fun. Hope developers are aware.

To be fair to the devs, I think a lot of the issues mentioned are new (or re-introduced) this year, and the developers have plugged up a lot of game balance issues before (e.g., bunting, stealing)... but by attempting to improve parts of the game (e.g., fielding not always being played in haste, widening the gap of fast and slow runners), new issues have arisen.

Anyways it's great someone have done this without needless back and forth of calling out.

Thanks for the work!
Old 07-25-2015, 11:58 PM   #13
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
This is a very nice compilation of the issues that detract from the fun. Hope developers are aware.

To be fair to the devs, I think a lot of the issues mentioned are new (or re-introduced) this year, and the developers have plugged up a lot of game balance issues before (e.g., bunting, stealing)... but by attempting to improve parts of the game (e.g., fielding not always being played in haste, widening the gap of fast and slow runners), new issues have arisen.

Anyways it's great someone have done this without needless back and forth of calling out.

Thanks for the work!
Yeah I think that's a well said way to put it in terms of some issues. And again I think some of these issues are intensified online, where as offline they are not as big a problem (though obviously the CPU/AI has different issues).

Did I say issues enough times? One more just in case: issues
Old 07-27-2015, 02:37 PM   #14
Rookie

jeffmc_scea's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dregos
Great video. Hope the devs are paying attention.
We are! I even took notes. Thanks for all the feedback and the great video. People play much differently against each other online, raising issues we can't predict.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:14 AM   #15
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmc_scea
We are! I even took notes. Thanks for all the feedback and the great video. People play much differently against each other online, raising issues we can't predict.
Thanks for watching. If you ever want clarification on anything feel free to PM me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2015, 04:09 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just rage quit a game against a prick who was steal/rundown cheesing. He'd get in rundowns, knowing my catcher would likely rainbow lob the ball to third, which he did, allowing the runner to score because throwing animations are so slow online.

Anytime I see a DD team with Dee Gordon at the top, I pretty much know what to expect. I'm this close to no longer playing this game online because of the speed cheesers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »