Home

Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings Arrives in August (Xbox One/PC) September PS3/PS4

This is a discussion on Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings Arrives in August (Xbox One/PC) September PS3/PS4 within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2015, 02:15 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings Arrives in August (Xbox One/PC) September PS3/PS4

Earlier this year, Metalhead Software announced Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings was going to release sometime in the summer for Xbox One and PC, along with free DLC and updates for the PlayStation versions of Super Mega Baseball. Check out the trailer here.

Today they announced the release dates for the Xbox One (August 14) and PC (August 21) versions, costing $19.99. Pre-order on Xbox One will begin on August 7th and include a 15% discount. The Xbox One version will also have a trial mode, for those of you wanting to try it out before purchasing.

For PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 users of Super Mega Baseball, expect updates and free DLC in September.

Below are some of the features for Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings.
  • Realistic Simulation and Physics: Don’t be fooled by the light-hearted/comical presentation; the fundamentals of baseball are well represented and if someone isn’t familiar with the rules, they will be after playing Super Mega Baseball.
  • Groundbreaking Difficulty System: Super Mega Baseball boasts an innovative difficulty control scheme called the Ego system. The Ego system offers a fine-grained control of difficulty on a per- user basis, which has been widely praised for leveling the playing field in cooperative and competitive modes. This system will push seasoned gamers to their limits while simultaneously providing a gentle introduction for beginners.
  • Up-to Four Player Local Co-op Play: In addition to solo play, players can try their hand at head- to-head, 2v1, 2v2 and co-op against the CPU. In co-op mode, teammates alternate batting/running each time at-bat, and alternate pitching/fielding each inning, meaning ballplayers need to be on their toes every play. To even games, players can use the Ego system to set up a competitive game between friends of any skill level.
  • Ultra Responsive and Blazing Fast Gameplay: Controls are easy to learn, but players will need to master jumping, diving, wall-catches, power-swings and cut-off plays to properly dominate friends. Short load times and a streamlined interface means most of the time is spent in the action, with nine-inning games taking around 20 minutes to play.
  • Leveling System: Players tally up Starpoints for hits, strikeouts and catches during each game and Level Up once they collect enough points. Players can hire staff to train and coach their squad, improving skill attributes such as Power and Speed. Use that jacked up team to win at higher difficulties (and post higher leaderboard scores than friends)!
  • Full batting and pitching statistics: Comprehensive baseball statistics that ballplayers can use to show off their MVP-quality skills
  • Player Customization: Customize the look and names of a team’s players to create a ragtag crew of family and friends. Make as many aesthetic adjustments as you can imagine!
The team also released their first blog on the making of Super Mega Baseball.

Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2015, 03:00 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings Arrives August 14 For Xbox One, 21st For PC

hopefully some more stadiums for ps4
Old 07-28-2015, 04:22 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2
Imagine if this game had online play....
Old 07-28-2015, 05:39 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
This game is pure fun! Seriously, i never had so much fun playing other baseball games because batting was always boring and 9 innings games were too long, but this game is neither of that. Is great to edit a team with friends names and looks to play a season. I also enjoyed the way they made the difficult level, it's great for beginners and expert players. Can't wait for this free DLC on the PS4.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:08 PM   #5
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Xbox and PC owners are in for a real treat. This is my favorite game of all time. And that is coming from a hardcore, simulation hockey fan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2015, 08:42 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings Arrives in August (Xbox One/PC) September PS3/

i love the game.
mlb the show 15 collects dust while still play this.
its just more fun and the hit variety is a milliin times better.
my only complaint is lack of some options and lack of stadiums.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:13 PM   #7
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings Arrives in August (Xbox One/PC) September PS3/

Don't sleep on this game. It is awesome. Will double dip.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:41 PM   #8
Rookie

Oinkersthepig's Arena

OVR: 0

Definitely pumped for this. Was going to get it on the One, but I think I'm gonna wait the extra week and get it on the PC instead.

Looking forward to seeing what the guys over on MVP mods can do for this game. They've done awesome work on MVP Baseball to keep it alive all this time, and I'm sure they'll at least be a real roster type mod for this.

Even if there's not though, this game looks like a ton of fun as is. I've been looking forward to this since its been announced, glad to finally have a release date.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »