Home

Rugby Challenge 3 Announced, Coming to Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC Later This Year

This is a discussion on Rugby Challenge 3 Announced, Coming to Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC Later This Year within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2015, 04:31 AM   #9

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Rugby Challenge 3 Announced, Coming to Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC Later This Yea

Sounds badass. Seems like RC2 wasn't as well received as the first one (which is the only one I've played), so hopefully this is better. Graphically it looks up to par with late era 360/PS3 major studio games, which is fine by me considering we're dealing with a smaller gaming company.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:32 AM   #10
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Rugby Challenge 3 Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBuck3
08 and JLR still have the crown.
Oh I agree completely, that's why I still own both. They both play amazing and are must haves for Rugby fans.

RC2 was solid not great, but it looked pretty good graphically and played a pretty decent game of Union.

I'm buying RC3 day one no doubt, been dying for a Rugby game on PS4. The one already out is pretty bad.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:57 AM   #11
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Rugby Challenge 3 Announced, Coming to Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC Later This Yea

I hope they change the penalty system. In RC1 you could only be called for offsides and high tackles.

Also interested to see how rucks and scrums have changed.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2015, 10:22 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
So, dumb guy question, is there a version that has 11 men and is closer to American football? When they have the rugby world cup is it 7 or 11 men? I only ever see rugby when I watch English League football highlights on Skye it looks interesting, but it's hard to follow as a novice.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:26 AM   #13
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
So, dumb guy question, is there a version that has 11 men and is closer to American football? When they have the rugby world cup is it 7 or 11 men? I only ever see rugby when I watch English League football highlights on Skye it looks interesting, but it's hard to follow as a novice.
That is called rugby league.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2015, 02:17 PM   #14
Rookie

I wanted to post the Wiki page for anyone as clueless as I am about the shear number of forms of rugby. I guess this game only represents the seven man form of Rugby Union as opposed to Rugby League which is usually 15 men. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_football
Old 07-29-2015, 02:31 PM   #15
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Unless I'm misreading your post, this game is not only sevens. Sevens is a new feature which will be included but it's main feature will be Rugby Union which is traditional 15 a side.

The way your post read it kinda confused me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2015, 05:28 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman
Unless I'm misreading your post, this game is not only sevens. Sevens is a new feature which will be included but it's main feature will be Rugby Union which is traditional 15 a side.

The way your post read it kinda confused me.
So this game has both the Union 15 and Union 7 versions of the game? I've never played any rugby game, but I thought about buying the EA rugby game way back. I read it as the seven man versions only and I didn't know that much about the various forms of rugby. Hopefully more information will come out and clearly explain to novices what is going on in a game. That's why I got into football (soccer) so much it because it is so easy to pick up and understand compared to American football, baseball, or cricket or rugby. (can you imagine trying to explain American football to a novice? ) Seriously sports games are not good at explaining themselves to people who aren't already fans and knowledgeable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »