Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Review

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Review within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2015, 05:33 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Review

GisherJohn, I used to commiserate with you over on the EA message board for the NCAA series.

I agree with you. I've been pounded on by members of this Ballard for questioning this game. But, the bottom line is, we paid a premium video game price, for a less than premium product.

I have had some fun with it as far as the actual Tour courses, all 6 of them. Not 8, because Lighthouse Pointe and the Wetlands only exist in EA world.

Night golf, useless, useless, useless. Gisher, can you imagine the first production meeting for this when one of the EA guys suggests certain courses, or match play, or whatever feature and got shot down for it. Then the next guy pipes up and says "I know, night golf, with neon colors, no XP, just hit shot through rings for the heck of it." Who signed off in that?
Old 07-29-2015, 05:58 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty67
GisherJohn, I used to commiserate with you over on the EA message board for the NCAA series.

I agree with you. I've been pounded on by members of this Ballard for questioning this game. But, the bottom line is, we paid a premium video game price, for a less than premium product.

I have had some fun with it as far as the actual Tour courses, all 6 of them. Not 8, because Lighthouse Pointe and the Wetlands only exist in EA world.

Night golf, useless, useless, useless. Gisher, can you imagine the first production meeting for this when one of the EA guys suggests certain courses, or match play, or whatever feature and got shot down for it. Then the next guy pipes up and says "I know, night golf, with neon colors, no XP, just hit shot through rings for the heck of it." Who signed off in that?
You've been "pounded on"?.....Wow. Looks to me you have pretty much been able to say what you felt like with little to no arguing.....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 07-29-2015, 06:07 PM   #19
Rookie

DM, there was another thread maybe the original one a few pages back into it where I said something negative and I was jumped on about it, that's all.

The gameplay is great, especially trying out 3-click, the graphics are great,it's just missing too much. Kind of like NHL 15 was missing so much last year.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:20 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
DM, there was another thread maybe the original one a few pages back into it where I said something negative and I was jumped on about it, that's all.

The gameplay is great, especially trying out 3-click, the graphics are great,it's just missing too much. Kind of like NHL 15 was missing so much last year.
I don't recall seeing that, but if it did and I was a part of it, you have my apologies....and I agree with you on the rest....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 07-29-2015, 08:04 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I don't recall seeing that, but if it did and I was a part of it, you have my apologies....and I agree with you on the rest....

I don't think you were, DM, and truthfully I probably deserved some of it, anyway.

I went on a diatribe about the rabbits in the bunker and some of the dumb little sayings in between tournament rounds like "feeding wildlife", and "racing golf carts", and such. I went off on the celebrations.

Basically just venting about spending full price for 1/3 to 1/2 of the game we were used to getting.

Oh, well, let's just keep hoping for more and more meaningful and useful updates. Way more courses needed, and depth to the career mode.

Incidentally, other than a power outage a couple days ago, today was the first time I turned off the game since Tuesday the 14th, so I guess I don't hate it that much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2015, 11:41 PM   #22
Banned

There's not even a calendar that you can look at upcoming/past events? Yeah that is weak

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2015, 05:08 PM   #23
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Oh, well, let's just keep hoping for more and more meaningful and useful updates. Way more courses needed, and depth to the career mode.
Amen. As much as I've been saying that I'm lovin' TW14 since I bought all the DLC courses the load times for that game are still a bit much after playing RM.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:41 PM   #24
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

Great input sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
Amen. As much as I've been saying that I'm lovin' TW14 since I bought all the DLC courses the load times for that game are still a bit much after playing RM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »