Home

NHL 16 EASHL Beta Available Now For Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Extended Until Aug. 7

This is a discussion on NHL 16 EASHL Beta Available Now For Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Extended Until Aug. 7 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2015, 09:31 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
Can someone verify if you can 'Invite' friends from your list to your Club? I am currently unable to send invites to my private Club and find this quite unproductive. I have no problems giving my Club name to my friends list, but wouldn't it be easier to just send them an invite?

Also, the color wheel is cumbersome and not worth the trouble.
I spent 10 minutes searching for that. Went through every menu. Didn't find a thing. Guess they will have to know your team name
Old 07-31-2015, 09:49 AM   #18
Rookie

Referring to the A.I. I play 2-2 or 3-3 (not enough friends for 6-6) so I been use to the A.I. For years. Things that are great is they aren't huge liabilities on defence any more. They poke check and stay Infront of their man better then they ever have before. I have yet to see them take a stupid penalty. They don't dump the pick in near the blue line anymore which is great so you now have a lot more offencive chances. The are a little better moving the puck around offensively however sometimes they do feed you the puck down low when your swarmed by guys.
Their are a few negatives. When they have the puck in their own zone the tend to go behind the net and lose control or just stand thier and get the puck poked away. This could be due to everything is as defensively as possible as default team settings and me and my buddies are skating to far up ice.
all in all I'm happy with how the game is. You really have to work the puck around for good scoring chances. Goalies seem really solid as well.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:57 AM   #19
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NHL 16 EASHL Beta Available Now For Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Extended Unti...

On Xbox One, I keep getting errors when it comes to downloading.

From the NHL 15 menus it'll state the servers are unavailable.
From the Dashboard the tile to download is grayed out with "Unavailable".
I even tried the Rammer34 Friends process and that didn't work.

What gives?
Old 07-31-2015, 10:28 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 14
Goaltending was extremely glitchy and laggy. I like the new animations, but was very tough to play when it reacts after you make a movement. Didn't know how to do the desperation saves either, were they taken out of the game?
Old 07-31-2015, 11:13 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan188
Goaltending was extremely glitchy and laggy. I like the new animations, but was very tough to play when it reacts after you make a movement. Didn't know how to do the desperation saves either, were they taken out of the game?
Ya it was tough the one game I played. The left trigger makes it so you can do finite movements (which I think it should be default. Right trigger now makes you go to butterfly which is weird because I'm so use to the left trigger doing that. I never found the desperation saves so it must be auto now. Plus you don't teslly see goalies stack the pads anymore. That was more a stand up goalie thing and that doesn't exist anymore
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2015, 11:14 AM   #22
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Re: NHL 16 EASHL Beta Available Now For Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Extended Until Au

Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
I spent 10 minutes searching for that. Went through every menu. Didn't find a thing. Guess they will have to know your team name
It's better than last years OTP where people in my friends list and I had to do the ole' 3,2,1, press A.

It looks like you'll have a locker room feel, but I don't understand why you wouldn't have the ability to invite friends from your console's friends list. Feels like backwards technology if they leave it out.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:20 AM   #23
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Re: NHL 16 EASHL Beta Available Now For Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Extended Unti...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
On Xbox One, I keep getting errors when it comes to downloading.

From the NHL 15 menus it'll state the servers are unavailable.
From the Dashboard the tile to download is grayed out with "Unavailable".
I even tried the Rammer34 Friends process and that didn't work.

What gives?
I have this same problem on my xbox one. I have rebooted it by holding the power button.

No difference. I am looking for it the exact ways you described and I am getting the same results. Error or Unavailable.

I did get an email from EA thanking me for joining the beta...
Old 07-31-2015, 11:38 AM   #24
Rookie

VTKombat's Arena

Re: NHL 16 EASHL Beta Available Now For Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Extended Until Au

I was disappointed by the goalie position most of all. The goalie position should have such precise movement but it is so stuttery when you move. Even with the left trigger down. And what did they do with the post hugging. Using the left bumper is so awkward especially while using left trigger to keep your goalie from over moving. They should capitalize on the right stick and allow you to use that to move your glove and stick hands. Up and to the right with the stick defends a right top shelf shot, straight down covers the five hole and so on. It's too tough of a position to be as herky jerky as it is. BTW the desperation saves are mapped to the X/square button depending on controller

twitch.tv/zer0ryd3r

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »